his true feelings

🦋y/n's POV🦋

after leaving work early that day, i made my way outside the building to the busy city. i strolled along the walkway, carrying my stuff with me as i intended to stay all day relaxing in my apartment. though when i glanced over at the perimeter, i noticed what i thought i saw was mirio in the distance. i squinted my eyes to get a better look as i hurried up my pace, a bright, yellow dot up ahead, and saw him standing alone on the center of the path that divided the hero agency from the road. it was him, after all.

once togata saw me, his sunny smile ran cross his entire face, almost blinding to the weak. and as the heavy wind ran through his golden hair, flowing like the waves of the ocean, and the breeze dragged off the petals of the sakura trees across the floor surrounding him, i couldn't help but stare at how incredible mirio looked in such outstanding scenery.

"i've been looking everywhere for you,"' he greeted, "(y/n)."

once i was close enough, i stood in front of togata, face to face.

"me?" i repeated, puzzled, "why?"

"i have something i've been meaning to tell
you," he mentioned, "it's a lot to take in, so brace yourself, (y/n)."

i stood there, wondering what mirio had to tell me that couldn't wait any longer. i was getting nervous by the second, seeing him avert his eyes to the sides as if he were avoiding my gaze. he even swung from side to side, scratching the back of his neck. togata had never acted like this, and his brief pause made me tense. i gulped, hoping it wasn't anything serious. but i already had something in mind.

"it's about tamaki," he explained, "you see... he really likes you. like a lot. he told me that the other day he tried to tell you how he felt about you, but tamaki was too shy to be upfront about it."

my eyes widened, left speechless. i recalled the day when amajiki came to my office out of the blue, and it looked like he wanted to tell me something really important before he bursted out. i always wondered how long tamaki waited there for me since i had come late that day because of traffic. did he spend hours inside my office waiting for me? no wonder the poor guy ended up getting so nervous in the end. it was all because of me...

"i-i see... i-i didn't know..."

i figured the anxiety was probably too much for amajiki to handle all at once, so i didn't bother asking about it when we met during lunch a few days later. though even when we both reconciled, we didn't speak to each other that much afterwards. i thought i had ruined things between us with my ignorance, so i didn't do anything about it to not make things worse for me.

"i'm here telling you all of this because we made a plan," he added, "you see, tamaki called me in yesterday to talk about you, (y/n). he kept on saying how much he cares about you and that you made him feel this type of way. tamaki also mentioned that-"

mirio covered his mouth with his hand before he could say anything else.

"o-oops. i wasn't supposed to say all that," he stated, "my bad. pretend you didn't hear any of that, (y/n)-"

i interrupted mirio, signaling him to stop talking.

"wait, wait- tamaki... likes me?"

i hadn't yet processed it, but when mirio said all of that, the feelings i felt for the shy boy rushed up to my chest. my heart started beating faster than ever before, my cheeks burned and my legs turned into jelly. tamaki's face, now indebted in my brain, made me realize how much i liked him, and knowing all of the things he's done to confess his feelings made me all giddy and elated inside. the pro hero suneater... liked an ordinary girl like me.