Ch.9 No Sympathy

Tzuyu POV

When practice ends, I find myself taking a shower and dreading the ride home. As I exit the locker room, the body guard is there and for some reason, Chaeyoung too. 

"Chaengie? You're still here?" I ask and she nods while tapping her foot vigorously. 

"Ms. Chou, you're going to be going home with Ms. Son." The body guard explains, "Your Uncle just called not too long ago and he talked with your friends parents about this arrangement."

"Oh...but wouldn't that get the press to swarm, Chae's?" I ask and Chaeyoung chuckles.

"My mom has this whole plan that involves dressing you up and your body guard dressing up," She explains, I think she thinks the plan is dumb but then she adds on, "I came up with the dressing up part, pretty neat, right?"

"I-," I start but feel the need to contain a laugh that I'm honestly surprised I can do, "Yes, Chaengie, brilliant." 

The three of us walk to the theater and Nayeon, Jihyo, and Dahyun are the only ones there. 

"Sup' kids," They say but bow and greet the bodyguard formally.

"Don't ruin that costume," Nayeon says, "We need that for next year."

"Yes, ma'am!" Chaeyoung and I say. 

I change into the costume backstage which was basically a stereotypical 80's dude fashion then tie up my hair and put it up in a black wig that. They gave me boots that boosted my height even more and reflective wrap around glasses.

"Ok, cool, you look like a dude," Dahyun says patting my shoulder and smiling. 

"Now, Oppa, please change into these," Jihyo says and she gives the body guard school apparel, "We paid for these ourselves, so you don't have to worry about returning them."

"O-Oh, let me at least pay you back," He says surprised by this and even though the others insist it's alright, he pays them anyways. He changes into a long sleeve crew neck sweater, sweatpants, and beanie that have our school emblem on it. My bodyguard looks young so he can get away with this.

"Ok, so you two look like school boys..." Nayeon says rubbing her chin, "People have seen you with them, Chae, so you need to wear something different too."

"What?" Chaeyoung asks and the others just stare at her, trying to figure out what she can wear.

"Wait," I say as I get an idea and they all look at me questioningly, "Wear these."

"Your hoodie and track shorts?" Chaeyoung asks and I nod. She looks at my clothes hesitantly but then walks behind the curtain. 

A minute passes and Chaeyoung finally comes out. The others snicker at her appearance because my hoodie was already a little big on me; it makes her look like she isn't wearing pants. The hoodie is my softball hoodie with my number and name on the back that I just got today when practice ended. Chaeyoung's backpack will probably cover the number but not the giant 'CHOU' at the bottom. She stuffs her clothes into her backpack and the others give me and the bodyguard plastic bags to put our clothes in. 

"See you guys tomorrow!" The trio of unnies bid us farewell and the three of us look at each other, unsure.

"This might work," Chaeyoung, says trying to sound confident, "Let me just..."

Chaeyoung takes out mascara and makes a little mark oon my chin; a fake birth mark. She then ties up her hair, pulls the hood on and walks over to the manager and takes off his glasses.

"I'm sorry, Oppa, but no one will recognize you if you take off your glasses," She says and he nods understandingly.

"Won't people notice me because I look so retro?" I ask and Chaeyoung shakes her head.