trigger warning

Amaia and Buck had a date set for that afternoon, but Amaia was having bad pregnancy side effects and had gone home early to rest

Amaia and Buck had a date set for that afternoon, but Amaia was having bad pregnancy side effects and had gone home early to rest. So, when she wakes up later that day to her apartment doorbell ringing, she was confused at the sight of Buck.

"Di-w... Hi," Amaia stutters with furrowed brows taking in how nicely dressed he was

"Hi... we have a date," Buck answers making Amaia immediately remember

"Right," Amaia winces scrunching up her nose feeling horrible for forgetting "I'm not gonna be the best date tonight. I haven't been able to keep anything but rice stackers down. So, unless you want to go grocery shopping, we'd have to reschedule"

The two went on a date at a grocery store, in the little seated area the shop had, Amaia ate a box of thin stackers brown rice with mint tea while Buck ordered a sandwich and a green juice. Their night was going well, so much that Amaia hadn't felt sick throughout the whole date, just tired but that made sense since she is making a human being.

So when they walked out of the black Jeep the couple started to talk about what show they were going to watch. The last time they watched something the two had watched a documentary but never finished it, or so that's what Buck thought. Amaia winches having to break the news to him, "I may have finished it after waking up and you were asleep but on the bright side you looked really cute asleep, and we can rewatch it"

"You really liked the documentary on flamingos?" Buck asks surprised but definitely less than when they first watched a documentary rather than a show all because he said a fact Amaia found interesting wanted to know more

"For a long time I honestly forgot they had two legs but also those pink fuckers are hella strong," Amaia admits not feeling ashamed or guilty for admitting her truth and that just made her feel even more comfortable around Buck

Things went south pretty quickly for the couple when they arrived inside the apartment courtyard, bags in hand walking through the archways leading to the brunette's door. They didn't make it to Amaia's door because of the sight before them was too frightening and gruesome to do anything but call 911.

"9-1-1 What's your emergency?" The male operator on the other end of the call speaks through the phone speaker that laid on the ground

"I'm at 1832 Bryson Avenue," Buck loudly and clearly speaks up as he kneels on the ground putting pressure on the wound he'd found on Chimney's torso "I have an adult male with multiple stab wounds to his torso. Need medical and police response"

"Okay, sir, can I get your name?" The operator calmly replies as he types in the information he'd been given to get them help

"Evan Buckley," Buck shares glancing up at Amaia who stood looking down at bloody mess with a pale face it being the first time she'd seen someone bleeding out before her, "I'm a firefighter with the 118"