𝐓𝐄𝐍. 𝘢 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘣𝘺𝘦

🍯🎻📜 | 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬.

CHAPTER TEN
a bittersweet goodbye

✧∘ଂ ࿐ ཾ

    PACKING was not the hardest thing to do. Instead, it was leaving.

     The physical loose ends were not the most difficult to tie up. Lucienne told Madame Rossi that she would no longer be attending music classes, and she let Madame Eaton know that she would not be able to go to the reading and writing classes anymore. Of course, the latter thing was so upsetting to do, but she knew that just because she was leaving the classes did not mean her love for the two subjects would change in any way.

    In a sad comparison to the physical loose ends, the personal ones that Lucienne needed to tie up proved to be a lot harder, and she completely avoided saying those final goodbyes until it was her last day in Italy.

     Her baggage with all of her belongings was packed and placed in the corner of the small guest room right above the music shop that somehow truly became hers in the span of the four months that she'd been living there. The room was already pretty bare, since Lucienne truly did not have much to fill it up with, but it looked even more untouched now that she no longer had any little things strewn about.

     She did not realize how much she would miss it in the tiny room until that moment. The overwhelming feeling of sadness hit her hard, and she took a seat on the freshly made bed because the way her heart felt at that moment genuinely pained her. Tears pricked at her eyes, and she did not have any time to try and hold them back before they were beginning to cascade down her cheeks.

     It was as if Madame Westwood could sense that something was wrong, even though the door was shut and the golden-haired girl was actually crying softly, because Lucienne had only been crying for about a minute when the woman walked into the room. A look of concern was clearly written across her face as she walked over to the girl and sat down next to her on the bed, placing a comforting arm around her. Lucienne seemingly melted into the arms of the woman and allowed herself to cry harder as Madame Westwood muttered out soothing words to her.

     After a few moments of sobbing, Lucienne felt herself begin to calm down slightly, and her tears ease up.

     "I'm sorry," She said as she sniffled and wiped away some of the wetness from her cheeks. "I knew that the end would eventually come, but that does not make saying goodbye any easier."

     "Goodbyes are always the hardest," Madame Westwood said.

     Lucienne found herself agreeing with the woman, but only to an extent. Yes, goodbyes were hard; however, sometimes, they actually were not. An immediate memory that came to mind was when she had to say goodbye to her parents before going to Italy. In that instance, saying goodbye meant she was finally free, even if it would only be for a little while.