5.Re-Union

Shoto had been going out with Momo for almost four months now. He seemed like a totally different person. The changes were obvious. He laughed more, smiled more and was less frustrated, but for Momo, things were slightly different. She seemed more zoned out, would hardly talk or laugh like she did when they were dating before his marriage.

He noticed these and she knew he noticed because of his endless struggle to make up to her.

"I did something wrong, Right? If something is bothering you, please tell me, Momo and if its my marriage, then please understand, I am divorcing her in a month or so." Shoto said to Momo in a desperate tone, while they were in a restaurant having their dinner. Her sudden change in attitude bothered him a great deal. He didnt want to leave this person who was so dear to him.

"Nothing is wrong, Shoto. You need to calm down." She replied in an unbothered tone staring out through the window, viewing the dark clouds covering the city as it rained heavily, while gulping down a small bit of her food.

"Then why do you behave like this?" He replied.

"I behave like what?" She looked up from her gaze on the window to face Shoto. She took a quick glance at her watch and continued, "Anyways its quite late, I must get going now."

Saying this, she quickly grabbed her things and got up from her table and started to walk out.

"I may drop you home in my car because its raining heavily and you may get sick." Shoto said holding her wrist, facing the other side.

"No its fine, I am calling my driver." Momo said with a reassuring smile and left with the phone in her ear as she spoke with her driver.

After paying the bill, Shoto also left in his car.

The monsoon season had already arrived and most of the days,it would rain pretty heavily. However, judging from the weather that morning, it would seem to any outsider that it was a bright summer day with no traces of rain. His wife's hero agency was one of the busiest these times, since Asui, who only worked during these monsoon seasons was one of the founders of the agency.

On reaching home, he changed his clothes and fell back in his couch watching the television screen when he heard the front door creak open.

He rushed to front door and saw his wife drenched in water.
"Why are you so wet?" Todoroki exclaimed seeing her wet figure.

"I just didnt get a cab on time and it was raining hard, so I had to walk home."

"Cant you just fucking carry an umbrella?" Todoroki said in an unbothered tone.

"I did not realise it would rain this hard."

"Fine. Just go and change already. You are making me sick." Todoroki exclaimed and moved back to his television set, watching the news.

After changing her clothes, she went back to the dining room.
"Todoroki San how was your day?"

"Just go make your dinner or something. Dont bother me." He was frustrated from Momo's behavior towards him and she understood that, so she left him alone.
They only had a few more days together and after that both would go on their own paths and by this time , she was pretty sure that he didnt even want them to be friends, leave alone reciprocation of her feelings.

While she was cooking, she heard his phone ring. Todoroki saw one of his best friends, Izuku Midoriya calling him up.

"Hey Todoroki-kun, how are you?" Midoriya shouted from the other side of the call.

"I am good, Midoriya. What about you? Oh I heard you are gonna propose Uraraka. What about that?" Todoroki smirked after realising what he said.

"Hey.. Umm... C..Can we not talk about it?" Midoriya stuttered thorough the call.

"By the way, I wanted to give you a news. We are planning to do a small get-together of our batch on 3rd July at the ecological park. We will enjoy there the whole day and then have some drinks at a bar at night." Midoriya shouted with excitement. "You are coming right?"

"Of course I am coming." Todoroki said enthusiastically. He had lost connection with so many of his friends and so the thought of seeing them after so many years made him overjoyed. He also thought Momo would enjoy meeting everyone after so many years.

"Then, I will be waiting for you"

"Yeah sure. Will see you on 3rd." Saying this, Todoroki hung up the phone.

She saw his eyes lit up on hearing something on the other side of the call.

"It was Midoriya, my childhood friend. He is the hero Deku now. He asked me to go on a re-union party. I dont think you have any problem with that." Todoroki looked up from his phone and said.

"Yeah.... I will be more than happy. You also need some break." She said taking her food and going back to her room.

In the blink of an eye , 3rd July arrived. Throughout these days, she was more than just busy and hardly could talk to Todoroki. Time was ticking away and they had only ten more days left.

When she woke up, she felt the warm rays of the sun hitting her cheeks through the window. She groaned as she sat upright on her bed. She saw the clock ticking at sharp 8am. She jumped off from her bed, took a bath and made Todoroki's breakfast.

She heard the creaking of the wooden floor. She turned and saw Todoroki coming down the stairs wearing a black shirt fitting gracefully on his torso and his legs hugged by a pair of jeans.

His face had the most beautiful smile, which dropped when he saw her.

"I will be out after half an hour. I hope the food is ready." He said, sitting down on the table.

"Yes. Of course." She said, placing the food on his table.

He saw her phone ringing. It was Shindo, one of her high school friends. He saw her take the phone and go into her room, muttering a small,"Excuse me" under her breath.

After a few minutes, he saw her come back, with a distraught expression and sweat falling from her temples.

"Todoroki San, you are not going there." She said, her lips curled into a frown.

"Are you bipolar or something? Till yesterday you were excited that I was going and today what happened?" He shouted, making her flinch with his deep loud voice.

"Just listen to me.. Its impo-"

"Who are you tell me what to do and what not to do? I am going. Leave me now." She couldn't finish her sentence when he shouted those words. As he was about to leave, he felt his wrist being grabbed by her soft fingers. He turned around and

SMACK!!

The sound echoed through the room. She was now on the floor cupping her purple cheek while Todoroki stood, his hand raised in the air.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE, WILL YOU?!!" He shouted on the top of his lungs and when she looked up, he was gone, the door shutting in front of her face.

On reaching his destination, Todoroki saw all his friends enjoying... Everyone except Momo.

He reached out to Midoriya and talked to him for a couple of minutes. He then proceeded to ask,

"Hey Midoriya, have you seen Momo?"

"Oh yeah, I saw her going somewhere near there." He said pointing to a nearby area.

Todoroki nodded and went in the direction Midoriya specified.

There, he saw Momo... But not just Momo alone.

He saw Momo making out with Awase.