An Icy Rose

"You thought of anything for Todoroki yet?" Kaminari asked his green haired friend.

"No. Nothing yet. She's so hard to pick out a present for." Kaminari chuckled and patted Izuku's back.

"Nah, don't sweat it. The girl loves you, more than Hawks loves chicken wings."

"Wait isn't that cannibalism." Denki laughed at his friends comments. They were walking through Shinjuku crossing, in Tokyo. Both guys decided, that they needed a trip away from it all for a weekend, to which Nezu actually approved. For Kaminari, even though he loved his girlfriend, Ibara Shiozaki, to the ends of the Earth, they both agreed that some time to relax for themselves was in order.

Talk about a surprise couple. What started as a joke at the sports festival, with Kami saying they should go out after it was done, turned into her actually taking him up in his offer. The shocker was, Kami didn't know what to do. He froze big time, and she wondered if she had hurt him in some way. Thank Kirishima for helping him get out of that jam.

Izuku's case though, was much, much different. This wasn't just some time away from his ice queen girlfriend, Shoka Todoroki. This was a time, to get ideas on how to give her, the best anniversary gift imaginable. Shocking, I know.

Denki insisted, that Izuku let the boys help out, but after what happened on her birthday......

"Guys! Where the heck is the present!"

Izuku looked down, only to see the charred remains, of the dress he picked out for Shoka.

"BAKUGO!" Deku full cowled down to the common room, and slammed his fist into Katsuki's face.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! WHAT NOW NERD!? YOU GONNA-"

*SMASH*

*BOOM*

Never let Kacchan get involved.

"Hey. I know we screwed up on her birthday-"

"Screwed up? You guys got Kacchan involved, when I specifically said not to do so." Kaminari scratched the back of his head.

"Yeeeeaaaahhhh. We tried to tell Kiri that it was a bad idea."

"S'why I don't ask him for help anymore."

Kami chuckled again, and they just kept walking. Shinjuku was a pretty place, but even sometimes, Izuku had to take a step back and just marvel at it all. The lights were entrancing, sucking you into them, while you simply tried to make it from one place to another. Their bright neon patterns and colors, just hypnotized you, luring you in like a siren on the open sea.

It wasn't just the store fronts and bright signs that were lively, the people also brought their own spunk as well. Vendors, shopowners, hell even just people on the street, were always so different. Yet, so interesting. It gave the place character, that Izuku didn't really see at home. Even if Denki was his classmate.

But no matter how much they entranced Izuku, he could only see two colors. Red and white. The colors, of the one he loves most.

"Do you have any ideas for her?" Izuku looked away from the signs, and you could swear you heard a sigh from somewhere.

"Yeah. I do actually."

"Oh really? Well lay it on me." Izuku gave Denki a glare.

"I'm not going to spill." Izuku kept giving Denki, "the stare."

"You really need to trust people dude." Deku rolled his eyes.

"You really think I should trust YOU?!"