chapter six

TW: Mentions of suicide and manipulation.

He saw the ribbons of deceit laced within her honeyed words.

The particles of distortion she sprayed into the openings of her peers off of her forked tongue. They consumed her promises as a child does to a fairytale, it put them into an everlasting coma of wonder. An addiction to the ichor that ran through her veins, he could practically see the shimmer that swam in her wrists. To slice them would result in a lagoon of sunlight that would flood the capacity of her 'suicide' chamber.

There would be no reason for a girl of that sort to commit such an atrocity.

That's what they all say though.

'She was such a wonderful soul, why oh why she did something like this? She had a perfect life, everybody loved her.'

Clearly not her murderer, he thought with a chuckle.

A simple slit in her wrist would simply not cut it.

He wanted to feel the supple skin of her neck within his grasp as clusters of purple flowers bloomed a painting of supernal tragedy.

Dear whom this may concern,

I have prospered in a life of glamour that some may say I took for granted. The abundance of dark matter that coats my soul has gotten too much for me, it has flooded into my veins and killed me with its obscurity. The shadow it brings upon the aurora of existence slowly dulls my energy to thrive, grow, live. And I am so sorry to anyone whom I have disappointed.

Asteria x

Easy.

However, he was not that stupid.

He knew the likes of Abraxas Malfoy would beg for her justice. That is why he wants him out of her trance, so he can see her truly for who she is. A grotesque harpy, a freak of nature, an abomination to the wizarding world. He saw her for what she truly was- the others will soon it's only a matter of time. She was a problem. An obstruction in his grand plan that needed to be eradicated. Once Malfoy is finally drained of whatever substance that she has poisoned him with, he might just do the dirty work for him.

What a satisfying sight that would be.

As the couple gave each other sultry looks of knowing from across the Great Hall, Tom could only imagine the look within Malfoy's eyes as it transformed into reprisal. The final key that would unlock the demon that laid in confinement upon Abraxas' heart. He had unlocked all the other demons within the Knights of Walpurgis. Mulciber's first, who knew a werewolf bite would unleash such slaughter? Obviously, Theodore's magical resistance was a nice weapon. Then Druella Rosier's metmorphmagus. Quickly followed by the jealously of Gabriel Rosier longing to be like his sister, thus learning to become Animagus. And Walburga Black, who could probably transfigure water into fire. He had a few other knights in younger years that have not reached their full potential just like Abraxas, but one by one his army will blossom into its entire power and Tom Riddle will be known as the greatest sorcerer in the wizarding world.

Tom made his way out of the Great Hall and made his way to the Come and Go room for a meeting with his knights. He discovered a room within Hogwarts whilst he was on a late-night Prefect duty that gave you whatever you asked. In Toms case, he just needed room to discuss plans with his knights- and what better place would that be than an untraceable room?

He gazed around the corridor to see if anyone was watching him and then started walking to and fro imagining exactly what he would like. Within seconds a door with intricate patterns carved into it started to appear. Tom stepped into the chamber, large bottle green stain-glassed windows emitted an emerald hue onto the long black table. At the head stood a grand chair with a labyrinth of detailing crafted into it, behind it a grand fireplace that is normally also green but today it beamed its natural colour. Tall bookcases suffused the back wall, filled with volumes not available in Hogwarts' library to further his knowledge on dark magic better than any other witch or wizard had in the history of magic.