chapter fourteen

The full pale moonlight glistened onto the crisp leaves sprinkled onto the tops of the soaring birch trees. The crunch of the crisp twigs beneath Kade Mulciber's body cancelled out the grunting of pain within his nerves as he writhed on the bed of rusty, brittle leaves. His cells twitched with torment like the scrape of a wolves teeth on each pain receptor within his body.

It was like each tiny part of him wanted to rip apart, tearing with convulsion, erupting with tribulation. His skin burned as he itched so much that it bloomed with a ruddy hue.

"Any minute now," Gabriel Rosier stalked around Kade's stiff body twisting in agony. Kade could see through the blur in his eyes, the two red-headed twins. Druella leaned against one of the thick trees, her postured as always was perfectly poised despite being in such a situation.

"What shall I turn into this time?" Her soft, smooth voice was perfectly spoken above Mulciber's now wails of anguish. An itch of anger twitched within Kade's chest at how calm she sounded, a small part of him hoped she would suddenly lose her metamorphmagus powers just in time for him to fully turn into a werewolf and rip her to ribbons.

"I don't know Druella, you have such a wide variety to choose from. How about a pig?" Gabriel suggested with a smirk on his face. A tinge of jealousy flowed through his voice.

She scrunched her face and moved her head left and right, fake laughing as she spoke, "You're so funny, brother. Truly."

"I do try my best, sister," he smiled.

Mulciber let out a roar that could be mistaken for a wolf despite his, now, human form. "Could you just," he grunted, each of his words were strained within his throat, "just...stop!" His voice thundered through the forest like a tremor. His body ripped apart and expanded into one of a dog, razor-sharp claws grew from his veiny fingers, and his face grew into a long snout that was home to millions of saliant teeth.

At the first sight of his transformation, Gabriel's body contorted into a falcon. His fluffy red wings expanded as he floated above Kade. Druella followed her brother shortly, her body blooming with white feathers as it shrunk into a pearly dove.

They both watched Mulciber roar with madness. Fury fired within his dilated pupils, veins of claret flowed through the milky whites of his large eyes looking around the forest for his next prey. Something to sink his daggers of teeth into and feel their sweet blood trickle down his throat, the warmth within the tissue that he would split into bite-size pieces.

His only desire as a wolf was to kill.

Kill.

Kill.

Kill.

His long legs were fast as he dodged around the obstacles. His wet nose sniffed for the nearest blood source, the nearest human flesh, the nearest piece of food. It consumed him- it was all he could hear, taste, smell, see. Every cell in his body yearned for a source of that chewy pink flesh oozing with sweet scarlet blood.

He didn't even notice the flap of the wings of the two Rosiers above him. He could smell it- close. Too close. He was too far away from Hogwarts to smell all of the students under their warms duvets, sleeping peacefully as the liquid he so desired coursed through their veins. No, this blood was too close.

His speed increased as the scent got stronger. It was like everything you desired. Everything you needed. Everything that could ever satisfy you and more. A scent of possibilities and sweet endings.

Mulcibers breathing was rapid, he could almost taste it on his tongue. So, so close.

Every sense was focused on that scent. He didn't notice the twigs scratching his skin as he scraped by the trees or the cool breeze that promised snow in the morning. He didn't notice the Clementine Diggory pressed onto the tall birch trees as Rio Foster explored her mouth. He didn't notice Rio stepping out of the way, the terror contorted on his face as Mulciber pounced onto Clementine ripping two bloody gashed down her body with his sabre like teeth. Tearing her organs out of her stomach, the scent filling his senses with heavenly taste. Carmine juices spilt onto the muddy floor like the sobbing tears in Rio's eyes.