Chapter Eight

Behold.....Regis's grandpa.

Aramina's POV

Things had surprisingly been peaceful for a week after the entire showdown with the evil doctor who was Takeo oppa's fake sister, but I couldn't really count on this peace lasting long. The last time the Union attacked us had also been after a week of peace, and something told me that it wouldn't be any different this time either. Oh, well. At least my unexpected school vacation wasn't as uneventful as I thought it would be. Right now I was sitting in Daddy's office, packing up the last of my things with Master seated only a few feet away from me on the other couch, and I was actually a bit excited to leave the school today because I was going back home with Master and Daddy. They were still going to leave later than all my oppas and all my unnies but it wasn't going to be too late like always, so I didn't mind waiting. Once I was done packing my bag, I ran over to the window behind Daddy's chair and looked out to see Ishii oppa, Tao oppa and Takeo oppa walking right below it. Yeah, Tao oppa and Takeo oppa had also started working as security guards at Ye Ran which meant that I basically got to spend the whole day with my entire family even when they were all at work.

So despite the lingering threat of the Union, what better life could I ask for?

Tao oppa, as usual, was the first to notice me staring down at them and waved up at me to which I happily waved back, and then Takeo oppa asked me if I would like to walk back home with them since Daddy was still going to be leaving later than them. I supposed I could've just gone with my security oppas, but it had been a while since it had just been me, Daddy and Master in Daddy's car, so I politely declined the offer and went back to my place on the couch. Right as I did though, a loud gasp ripped out of my throat.

Somebody had entered the school. Somebody with a noble aura that was stronger than even Regis oppa's and Seira unnie's. In fact, it was so strong it made me want to kneel to whoever was emanating that aura.

"Aramina?"

I looked up to find Daddy already by my side and Master staring at me from his position on his couch, concern visible on his face. I gulped once before frowning  and looking up at Daddy.

"Did you feel that aura?"

Daddy fell silent for a second, glancing at Master, before turning back to me and cupping my face.

"Don't worry about it, monkey. It's nothing you have to worry about."

"Is it a clan leader?"

I asked, nervous of just which clan leader it might be, at which Daddy hesitated again, after which he smiled softly.

"Yes, but not the one you're thinking of. And, Aramina."

A kind of sadness flashed in Daddy's eyes and it had been there for only one moment, but it had been there.

"Don't be scared of meeting your biological father. I'm sure he'll love you just as much as we all do."

"That doesn't mean he can repace any of you."

"No, but I-"

"Frankenstein."

Master suddenly stopped Daddy from whatever he was going to say and I caught just the slightest movement of Master shaking his head, but I was sure that that movement had happened right now. Almost like Master was telling Daddy to not say anything more on this topic. My brows furrowed when I saw this happen but knew I couldn't really say anything more when Daddy simply kissed my forehead and returned to his desk. Well, since neither he nor Master were eager to share with me the details of that tiny mental conversation they'd probably had, the only thing I could do was hope that the clan leader who had popped up over here would be as understanding as Regis oppa and Seira unnie when it came to keeping me a secret.