Chapter 3

The king waits until his troll wife has fallen asleep to sneak out of the castle to the hut in the forest.

He walks up to her doorstep where he has been many times, with memories flashing into his mind of the last visit he made. He walks in to ask for the poison and is greeted by her beauty. "What are you here for this time?" the witch greets him ever so politely. He realizes how she reminds him of his old wife by the glint inside of her dark emerald green eyes.

He looks at her with sudden ulterior intentions. She isn't dumb, she knows the look in his eyes. It is not her first time seeing that look before. He approached her slowly and whispered in her ear, "Choose your poison." She chuckled, "Seriously? That's what you're here for?" She looks him up and down and pushes him off her and walks to one of her wooden cupboards. She picks her best poison and hands it to him "here" she says. He grabs it slowly, not taking his eyes off her. He puts the potion inside his pockets then finally takes one last glance at her in her black long dress and walks off towards the door, he thinks maybe one day he will be able to see her once again. He walks through the forest realizing how dark it has gotten and begins to hear noises he knew all too well.

He knew what was coming, he heard the heavy footsteps growing louder second by second.