...But I Just Can't Prove It

Natalie is fueled by her BURNING HOT RAGE (and the bagel she ate for lunch)

She drives her car over to Brandon's house to confront his guilty ass.

His motherfucking truck is still in the driveway, but now it looks different.

It takes her a second to put her finger on it.

(It feels rubbery.)

He has four new tires on his truck.

Oh? That's not strange you say? You are an incompetent nincompoop.

A few months ago, just before Esther went missing... Brandon had JUST got new tires.

*gasp*

There is no fucking way that he needs NEW TIRES AGAIN ALREADY!!! That's just fucking ridiculous. And maybe he is just one of those kentucky fried conservatives that are obsessed with cars, but no no no...

Natalie knows that she and Betty are on their own (teehee, she doesn't really mind that)

Everyday Betty and Natalie made a point to drive by Brandon's house. They followed him to work. They would eat at the same cafe's as him. Full stalker mode right here. They wanted YuckyYuck to know that they KNEW.

But Brandon didn't care.

He was a *deep breath* straight, white, cisgendered, police loving, conservative, pickup truck enthusiast, rich, misogynistic man. (He is also in a Trump supporter cult)

He was so untouchable that Brandon was already being seen around town with his new girlfriend.

She was this blue eyed blondie called Crystine or some shit who worked as a waitress at this super interesting and mentally stimulating sandwich shop across the street from the Courthouse where Brandon always visits.

13 weeks to the fuckin day that Esther went missing...wouldn't ya know it? Crystine moves into Brandon's house. She sleeps in Este's bed and everything.

At this point, Brandon has literally cut off all contact from Este's family. Apparently, it's "just ToO PaiNfUL" to stay in touch with anyone associated with Esther, and that it upsets his poor peanut heart too much.

The next Tuesday, Nat and Betty decide to meet up for a date together at Olive Garden (these people fucking love Olive Garden don't even ask).

As they are walking to their table, they see Brandon and Crystine together. They are getting all cozy and doing more gross PDA than Shawn and Camilla have managed in the past year (that's really saying something).

This is super hard to stomach for both Betty and Natalie, and it totally killed the vibe of their romantic dinner.

BUT THENNNNNN Crystine looks up and she makes direct eye contact with Natalie. (she clearly doesn't have anxiety like myself, that lucky bastard)

She puts one hand up on her chest so that the two of them can see the ring on her finger.

They recognise the ring.

Si, amici!

Tis Este's ring that her grandma, Marjorie left her in her will!!

Este wore that ring Every. Single. Day. She neverrrrr took it off.

If she was still alive, it would be on her finger.

They know now.

Este is never coming back.