𝒐𝒏𝒆

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑶𝑵𝑬 ,
𝒐𝒐. ghosts ☄︎. *. ⋆

˖⋆࿐໋₊

˖⋆࿐໋₊

Cherry red lipstick burned at the edge of her bruised lip, her eyes unmoving and mouth pursed, soon agape as she parted her lips to allow some air into her lungs. Two days and eleven hours had passed since she suggested the old acquaintance to give her a call.

Outside, the murky fog settled into the broken buildings filled with broken people like a veil, settling and breathing in the scent of rotten, evergreen shrubs, decay and humidity. There were milky clouds lacing the ground, raging and leaving space for currents of flashing lights and cars. Some screams from nearby buildings echoed through the nearly abandoned looking neighborhood.

The phone suddenly rang, the sound filling the silent air, making her flitch. Her curvy fingers were shaking as she tried to finish sewing the wound on her arm, blood had seeped and dried at the tiny end of the moving needle. Katlin hissed in pain, cursing under her breath as she reached for the phone and answered it as calmly as she could manage, faking a smile.

"Did you seriously left a message to that agent, what's his name again? Mr. Arrogant Dumbass?" —it was Finnik, his lip quivering and shoulders hunching with tension, nearly mistaken for feeling the knot of anxiety flourishing like flowers from all of those energy drinks he was keen of.

Katlin was quick to speak, even though her tone was low and rather annoyed, not seeming interested in explains the reasons they needed the arrogant agent by the name of Mitch Rapp.

           "Close enough"

            "But why?"

"He can help us"

      "We don't need his help" Finn let out in a rush, heart beating into his chest that even Cat could hear from the other side of the line.

His feet anxiously bounced on the floor of the other motel he was staying in, due to the fact that it would've been suspicious if the two stayed in the same place for too long. Finnik, in fact, was not even in Italy in the first place, thus she ordered him to leave as soon as the Gem was collected.

            "We do"

            "He works for the CIA"

"That's exactly why we need his help"

"But,"

She looked up, letting out a sight of annoyance, enough to make Finn close his mouth and attend for the pause to end. Everything felt heavy, as if a weight had been placed onto her shoulders, heavy and sharp, leaving a pain above her brow. She turned her aching neck from all the sleepless nights towards the darker part of the room, a spider hidden in the corner and surrounded by mosaic webs.