𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

Strangely, she couldn't concentrate. Cezanne looked up, taking her eyes off the book.

A candle fell as the chandelier, which shone brightly in the room, tilted.

Before moving to the carpet, she stepped on it and extinguished it, but anxiety continued to strike her.

Cezanne frowned and opened her mouth.

"Is there anyone out there?"

She couldn't hear the answers of the maids, who had to wait in front of the door. They were a bit bothersome, but she never ordered them to disappear.

Krrrr!

Soon, a strange roar began to be heard from outside. Morevor, the entire palace was shaking.

"...What is it?"

Cezanne got up from her seat and approached the window. The panoramic view of the imperial palace was clearly seen through the dense bushes.

'Wait, you can't see the Imperial Palace here...?'

Bang.

By the time Cezanne thought something was strange in her head, Mel, the exclusive lady-in-waiting, came in as if she was being chased by something.

She collapsed on the floor and cried.

"Pri, pri......princess! Out, out, outside...Oh, my gosh. What should I do...... How, how can this happen!"

Mel couldn't even properly say what she was surprised by. Cezanne approached Mel, despite her strange attitude, and asked.

"What's wrong, Mel? Please calm down. What's going on out there?"

Mel murmured like a crazy person.

"Yes, the, the man...it, it's hardened like a stone!"

"A man is hardened like a stone?"

"I, I don't know exactly. I've seen it with my own eyes. I've seen it."

Mel said while swallowing the tears. Cezanne rose from her seat.

"I need to go out and see for myself what's going on."

Mel shook her head, holding onto Cezanne's collar and stretching it.

"Pri, princess. Ugh, n, no...... You can't leave this room. It, it's dangerous outside!"

"Even if you say that, I have to go. Hurry. Please get ready."

"No. You, you can't. Never go outside. There must be something scary going on. You can't go out, Princess! Sob! Sob!"

Cezanne still found it hard to understand Mel's behavior as if she had become a broken person.

She was so surprised and scared by something that she lost her composure and the usual calmness was no longer present.

Cezanne said, shaking the trembling Mel.

"Mel, if that's what really happened, then the more I should go to the main palace. Father and mother are there."

"......no, no. No, Princess! There will be no maid left to serve you......."

Mel continued, crying.

"Monster, someone screamed that a monster had appeared! Princess, please...!"

Cezanne felt sorry for Mel's appearance, but she was not convinced.

"If you're really scared, stay here. I'll goalone."

"N, no! Princess! Princess!"

Cezanne shook Mel off and ran straight out of her room.

"Princess! Princess!"