Imagine a world like That

"I told you what would happen if you did anything else Father!" I exclaimed before storming out of the study and slamming the door behind me.

"Arabella what was that noise?" Alexander asked pleadingly as he rushed towards me in the corridor, Jamie and Matthew sauntered behind him curiously.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him up the stairs.
"Wh-Where are we going?" He asked and I led him into the bathroom, flicking the faucet to cold and grabbing a rag I made sure that it turned freezing before sitting Alexander down onto a stool and placing it onto the swelling of his eye.

"Arabella what did you say to him?" He asked me softly as I held the cold rag against his eye.

"I didn't say much, my hand did the talking." I stated and Alexander's eye that was uncovered bulged out it's socket at me.

"You hit him?" He asked in shock and I nodded slowly.

"Why would you do that?" Alexander asked me eagerly and I re-dampened the rag with cold water before wringing it then bringing it back to his swelling again.

"Because I'm not having him hurt you over and over Alexander.." I said quietly and cupped his right cheek with my left hand, lifting his head up higher to meet my gaze.

"I'm not worth this Arabella.." Alexander whispered.
"I'm not worth you ruining your relationship with your Father all because I'm a pest.." Alexander said weakly.

"You are not, Alexander I don't care what happens between my Father and I you do not deserve to be treated like this." I stated delicately.

I lifted the rag off his eye and bent down, wrapping my arms around his neck and holding the back of his head gently, his arms wrapped round my back and his nose nuzzled into the crook of my neck.

"This is just what friends do, look out for one another." I whispered in his ear before moving back from his embrace.

"Come on, I don't want you going back downstairs and bumping into my Father or anything, you can stay up in my room with me for a while." I said and headed out of the bathroom.

——————————————————————

"The cold breeze flew over the mountains as the morning birds chirping filled the air, the grass flickering in the wind like little waves of an ocean."

Alexander's voice read as he read me a book, my head rested on his lower thighs and the top of his knees as we sat on my cushioned window sill. Alexander sat with his legs hanging to the floor, I was lying back with my legs curved up and gazed up at the ceiling.

"Why did you stop?" I asked him and turned my head to the side a little to look up at him.

"Oh, I didn't mean to sorry." He grimaced then chuckled before flicking to the next page and carrying on reading.

I twiddled my thumbs on my stomach where my hands were linked and flickered my eyes shut. Alexander's silky voice slowing to a stop as he noticed my nap-like manner.

"Tired love?" He asked and I shot my eyes open.

"You have never called me that." I giggled and he flushed red immediately.

"It's summat everyone called everyone back up in Sheffield.." Alexander grimaced and I beamed up at his upside-down figure in my eye-line.

"I like it." I hummed before knitting my eyes shut again.

"Tell me more about Sheffield Alexander." I asked.