The Memoir of us

2 Weeks and 3 days Later..

Christmas and New Years came in the blink of an eye, we were back home at the palace now, Alexander was due to come back tomorrow evening.

The other servants got back today and I'd spent the day baking with Matthew and Jamie, my Father complained I was spending time with them but I simply shrugged off his petty comments.

I was currently sat in front of a brown leather book with pages and pages of writing, I grabbed my quill and dipped it into the pot, watching the black thick ink sliver up it slowly before I tapped it onto the rim of the lid and brought it to an empty page.

It was a Gift for Alexander, he didn't know I was making this of course and I had been working on it the past two weeks.

We'd been sending letters back and forth during our time apart, I'd stored all of his letters into a little box with a padlock on and kept it secure under my bed.

My Grandmother was upset when we had to leave but I promised her I would visit her soon and then maybe in a few months or years time it would hopefully be Alexander and I heading to see her.

Letting the ink dry on the page a little before I shut it and tied the little tie connected to the back and front cover shut, I placed it on top of the box with Alexander's boots in.

"Arabella." My Mother's voice called from outside my bedroom door, I sighed and stood up from the floor sitting back down onto my bed and calling her to come in.

"We have another ball coming up next week." She stated as she poked her head in the open crack of the door.

"Right, I need to go gown shopping but I'll go tomorrow." I huffed and tucked hair neatly behind my ears.

"Okay dear, I'm just popping out to the market, your Fathers out shooting with Edward." My Mother said before sending me a short wave then closing my door behind her.

I scrambled off my bed and wandered over to my window sill, curling up onto the cushioned seat and gazing out the window, with any tiny hope Alexander might return earlier than expected.

A/N: Song recommendation: "Build me up Buttercup" fits well with the scene :)

I sighed and jumped off the seat, sauntering over to my door I slipped out the doorway, skipping down the hallway lightly as my fingertips dragged along the wallpaper.

Skidding my skips to a stop as I reached the stairs, smirking a little at the banister before placing my hands onto it and facing my back up against it then pushing all my weight upwards. Sitting on the banister I giggled as I leant backwards and jolted a little, pushing my hands to the side as I slid down the golden banister hopping off it at the end and stumbling to catch my balance as my feet reached the floor.

I skipped down the hallway and held the edge of the doorframe to the kitchen, extending my arm out as I swung my body round and entered the room.

The crackle of the radio filling the room as Jamie stood icing the cupcakes we'd baked earlier, back facing towards me as he swayed his hips side to side to the beat, I chomped down on my bottom lip to stop my laugh slipping out as I heard the flicking page of a newspaper next to me.

My head shot down to Matthew whom was sat at the table in the corner of the kitchen holding the newspaper up, he glanced over at me and shook his head slowly with unamused expression, my giggles spilled and Jamie spun around, flushing red in embarrassment I laughed louder and sauntered over to him, slowly taking the icing piper out of his hand and shuffling him out of his place, as I begun to mimic his actions and swayed my hips side to side to the beat, trailing the icing round the edges of the sponge.