TWO

{•}

''Sook? You there?'' I asked as soon as I walked inside the kitchen

''Sook? You there?'' I asked as soon as I walked inside the kitchen. She was sitting on the table watching the news. I went and sat next to her.

''We never should have given them the vote and legitimized their unholy existence. The american people need to know there are creatures of Satan. Demons literally. They have no soul.'' the man said on the news and I scoffed.

''Oh please.'' I said and closed the tv. ''What happend with that vampire of yours?'' I asked Sookie.

''His name is Bill Compton. He's...nice.'' she said and I raised my eyebrows at her.

''Do you like him?'' I asked her. She shook her head.

''No! I mean...'' she started and I chuckled.

''Anyway, I wanted to tell you something.'' I started and she looked at me confused. ''The other night when I went to that vampire club. I kind of met someone.'' I started and her eyes widened.

''Is he a vampire?!'' she asked, excited. ''What happend?'' she asked again.

''Nothing happend! I don't even mean it like that. He just slightly saved me from an uncomfortable situation.'' I explained and she looked at me interested.

''Who is he? How's he like?'' she asked and I shrugged.

''I really don't know much. His name is Eric and I think he's kind of a king there? The dude sat on a throne and everyone respected him.'' I explained.

''Do vampires have kings?'' she asked and we started laughing.

''I don't know.'' I exclaimed just before gran walked inside.

''I don't think Jesus would mind if somebody was a vampire.'' Sookie told gran.

''I don't either, honey'' gran said.

''Is this sausage different from the one you usually make?'' Sookie asked gran and I threw her a confused glance.

''No.'' gran answered.

''Oh, it tasted much more complex than it usually does.'' Sookie told her.

''Oh dear, you think it's gone bad?'' gran asked her concerned.

''No, it's delicius. It's like I can close my eyes and I can see the farm the pig lived on, feel the sun and my rain on my face. And even taste the earth the herbs grew out of.'' Sookie explained and I looked at her confused.

''Are you on drugs?'' I asked her. Gran's eyes widened.

''Sofia!'' gran warned me.

''No!'' Sookie defended herself and I raised my hands up in surrender.

''Fine. I have work to go to.'' I said and stood up before grabbing my bag. 

''Do you need the car?'' Sookie asked and I shook my head.