Chapter six

He immediately parked the car at the back of the building. He entered the back entrance while carrying Thalya in his arms. Pagpasok sa loob ng apartment ni Cece, agad niyang inihiga si Thalya sa kama. She groaned in pain when she tried to moved on the bed. He looked at her wound oozing with blood and he couldn't help but curse again!

Muli niyang hinugot ang cellphone. Akmang tatawagan si Magnus ng marinig ang doorbell. He immediately took his gun out and walked stealthily towards the door. He peeked through the peep hole and saw Magnus.

"What took you so long?" He asked as soon as he opened the door.

"I fetched the doctor." Magnus answered before walking inside. "Where is she?"

Napunta ang tingin niya sa mga lalaking pumasok.

"What are you guys doing here?"

Sunod sunod na pumasok ang mga ito sa apartment. Isinara niya ang pinto bago hinarap ang mga ito.

"We were with Chase when Magnus came at James' club. We were curious of what happened so we came."

"Are you guys stupid? You are retired! You don't just involve yourselves with these kinds of matter!"

"Relax, dude. We're here to help." Sagot ni Mason sa kanya bago dumiretso sa loob ng kwarto kasunod ni Aiden.

Inis na sumunod siya sa mga ito. Pagdating sa kwarto ay nandoon na si Chase at tinatanggal ang bala sa braso ni Thalya.

"Come outside. We need to talk." Ang seryosong wika ni Magnus sa kanya pero nanatili siya doon at pinanood lang ang ginagawa ni Chase.

Guilt gnawed at him while watching her lying there unconscious.

"The bullet is out and Chase is stitching the wound. Go talk to Magnus, River." Ani Aiden sa kanya bago ngumiti. "You look exactly like me during my wife's labor."

He looked horrified. "Shut your nonsense, Montaniez!" He said before stomping out of the room.

Aiden smiled. "River is cute."

Chase smirked.

Pagdating sa sala ay agad siyang inabutan ni Mason ng isang bote ng beer.

"What happened?"

Pasalampak siyang umupo sa couch.

"We were having an argument and then she was shot." Tipid niyang sagot.

"What is this argument all about?"

Natigil siya sa pag-inom ng beer. Tumingin siya kay Magnus. Oh you don't want to know.

"The usual argument."

"My men saw Thalya's gun in your room. When her gun is involved, that is not a usual argument, River."

Natigilan siya. "So you think I shot her? Is that it?"

Tumingin si Mason kay Magnus.

"Of course not. I know you'd never make such a careless move no matter how much you hate her."