Chapter 23

They did find out that the Voidstones were, in fact, the base of creating type-specific discs. After stocking up on a lot of Wave discs (which, by the way, looked really cool. It wasn't triangular, but it was blue and took the shape of ocean waves spiralling in opposite directions), Nadia was done with her processed discs. Felver watched on with mild interest.

Lucy looked satisfied with her discs, while Lucas was still choosing which type he wanted to prioritize. Mabel stocked up on three discs of each she could make, which satisfied her (and Starla, who perched on her shoulder for the time being).

As for Musa, she did the same thing Mabel did, stocking on six discs instead of three. Zinx decided to get Mind-type and then went ahead towards the gate to the beach. Mabel and Lucy protested and went after him, Angel and Lucas went after them, and so now it's just Jake, Nadia, and Musa.

"...I can't help but think about Atlanthian City," Jake quips on their slower journey towards Lotusun Beach, as Musa had told them, "the first time I heard it, it wrenched out memories of the place I came from."

Nadia turns to look at him curiously. "How come?" She asks him. "Is there a city like it where you come from?"

Jake shakes his head. "Not quite...but it bore a similar name." He explains to them, stopping in front of them, so they stop as well.

"I'm sure we'll find more about Atlanthian when we get there. So let's find a way there first before I tell you more, okay?" Jake, for the first time, looked tired. His smile is a little strained, Musa and Nadia notice. Nadia is the first to act though, bringing Jake into a hug after a moment of silence. Musa comes in after, wrapping her arms around the both of them. Both their Loomians who have been tailing behind them come up to give Jake a hug as well.

"...I understand. It's got to be a hard story to digest, right? Tell us when you're ready, Jake. There's no need to rush." Nadia smiles into Jake's shoulder.

Jake lets out a chuckle, bringing his arms around everyone. "You know, you really reminded me of my friend there."

"What was your friend like?" Nadia pulls away, breaking the hug. Musa nods in agreement, also curious about the nature of this friend.

"Ah...um. She, well, she is quite similar to Nadia here. Both parents are archaeologists and a series of events led to her and her friends taking down an evil organization, which was also the reason why I'm here." Jake nods to himself. "...Yeah. You're both quite valiant, and you both have loved to battle since young...I see a lot of her in you, Nadia, I really do. And...all that is making me reminisce the past."

Jake turns around and begins to walk again, looking up at the sky at the same time. Nadia and Musa follow him, listening to him talk.

"I kinda miss them." Jake says after a beat of silence. "Every day I'm here I'm wondering whether I saved them...how they're doing now...if I'll ever see them again....I may never see them again, I'm afraid of that. But please," He looks back at them, "Don't tell me 'we'll find a way to get you back', or 'there's gonna be a way.' There may not be, and I'm wholly accepting that fact."

Musa looks at Jake solemnly, nodding slowly as if she still wants to believe they could help Jake. Nadia too, she's gone full silent, Felver nudging her side to see if she is still okay.

"...Sorry, I didn't mean to bring down the mood. We need to get to the beach right? I think the gate's right over there." Jake points to a road diverging from the rest of the resort, heading off in a direction directly east of the laboratory. Musa perks up at this and speeds up her walking.

"Yeah, this is it! It's Lotusun Beach. This should be the way to get to Atlanthian City." She steps up to the gate, gesturing for the both of them to follow.