➥ 𝕋𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝔸𝕗𝕗𝕝𝕚𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟

Rating: 7/10

𝕎𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘

The writing does sound a bit awkward and has grammar/spelling errors. Despite all the errors, I can understand what is being said and imagine what's going on. The narrator's train of thought is pretty smooth, and the transition from the present to his memories feels natural. I noticed that the narration is pretty blunt, but I liked it since it fits Bob's character perfectly. Even the descriptions of his surroundings were concise. Although, you could've used more cliffhangers since some chapters ended on a rather flat note. It's one of the best ways to keep the reader's interest.

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤

I loved Bob's character. He's analytical and smart, which is easily seen throughout the story in his actions, predictions, and thoughts. You did a really good job of the "show not tell". He struggled internally with his parents' deaths and had a couple outbursts, which makes his emotions feel completely relatable. I can't imagine a real person who'd be alright after losing someone they loved dearly. Also, his need for closure and revenge was what really fueled the story. I liked that it made his actions somewhat rash despite being an analytical person. Finally, the fact that he only opened up in front of Emma really showed their strong connection and how much he trusts her.

Emma's character was absolutely wonderful. She cared a lot about Bob and put much of her efforts into making sure he was okay, especially after his mother's death. She treated him with the respect and care he needed to get through his emotions.

Rick's character was well-crafted. He managed to play the "nice guy" until the very end. To me, he seemed a little off from the very beginning, especially when he didn't show up to the mom's funeral. Then, his character completely flipped in the final chapter when Bob exposed him. I think he could've been a bit more crazy when he spoke about the future because Bob described him as a "deranged serial killer".

ℙ𝕝𝕠𝕥

It started out pretty well. Bob's situation was introduced. A lot of memories were brought up. Then, the story really kicked off from there. I have to say, there wasn't much of a hook in the first few chapters until A.D.A.M. exploded. When that happened, I was immediately more interested in the story because I wanted to see how Bob would solve the mystery.

I had a feeling that Rick was the one who caused the explosion from the start, which became more evident in the later chapters. I'm not sure if I was able to figure it out quicker than others or if it was easy for other readers as well. It would've been nice if it came off as more of a surprise. Although, his motives made sense, and he was the perfect fit to play the villain.

At the very end, when Rick and Bob fought over the gun, I was completely shocked that Bob killed Rick. I thought that maybe he'd shoot him in the leg or something. On top of that, A.D.A.M. witnessed everything. The cliffhanger at the end was done very nicely.

ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕔𝕝𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟

Overall, this book was good. There were quite a bit of writing errors, and the ending was somewhat predictable. However, the story was awesome and made me excited to read the next one.