➥ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 ℙ𝕒𝕔𝕜𝕒𝕘𝕖 | 𝟙𝟠+

Rating: 9/10

𝕎𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘

The writing overall is pretty good. There is an error every now and then, but it's nothing major. The change in narration style between the different points of view was done very nicely. I'm actually surprised that you managed to successfully switch from first to third person and vice versa without confusing the POV. The sentences flowed very well, but there were a few sentences that I felt were too long and could've been broken up. Also, there was a bit too much dialogue and not enough descriptions. Although, the descriptions that you did have were all amazing. They easily painted a picture of the characters and their surroundings in my mind.

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤

I loved all the main characters. Each of them had a distinct personality, which made the story's world a lot more diverse and interesting.

Mae/Delilah/Luna was always full of surprises. From being the perfect seductress to a busy seamstress, every side to her really made her character pop. In the beginning, she seemed a bit distant around Dominic and only did her job as an escort. But then there were parts of her that grew fond of Dominic over time. There was also Luna's relationship with Stephen. She spent almost four years "pretending" to love him, which only made her struggle to see her true feelings towards him.

I saw the most development in Dominic's character since he was only looking for a way to waste his time and money. Throughout the story, he went from believing his love for Mae was this controlling desire to realizing that she was the one for him. He even considered shortening his lifespan to live with Mae. Also, his jealousy and bubbling anger when she had to serve her other client, Stephen, really started to show a change in his character. Especially when he found out she was injured in the Chase with Stephen.

Conrad/Stephen were two separate characters in my mind, which really surprised me when they were the same person. It really showed how well he kept his work and private life separate. Conrad was this arrogant jerk that was always competing with Rebekah on the case. Stephen was such a sweet and family-oriented guy that really cared for Luna. His desperation to keep Luna, even though she wasn't his soulmate, was strong enough to kill Rebekah when she almost exposed FW.

Rebekah was smart and enthusiastic about the Aldrek & FW case. Even though she wasn't a major character in the story, I really enjoyed seeing the bits of her personality and how she interacted with Conrad. Well...she was a little too smart for her own good (rip).

Last but not least, Magenta. She was shrouded in mystery from beginning to end. Magenta seemed to be a decent person that was sort of on Mae's side as her boss. But then she turned against Mae in the last chapter. This character was used perfectly. She didn't make an appearance very often yet played such a large role in the story.

ℙ𝕝𝕠𝕥

The plot was amazing. The bits of lore sprinkled in were just the perfect amount of information without being too overwhelming. Also, the fact that this takes place around the modern day is actually pretty cool. The supernatural creatures are only a fantasy to the humans, which makes it all the more interesting.

Right from the start, readers are hit with a rough sex scene. It was a great way to see a lot of what Delilah and Dominic's initial characters were like and introducing FW's system. The abbreviations and numbers in the transaction were a bit confusing at the beginning, but it all made sense when Rebekah cracked the code.

Then, he decided to blow a large amount of money on a year package. He treated Mae like a toy for a long while until he started seeing her as a person. Dominic wanted to assert his dominance as a powerful client of FW but hid his tail between his legs when he met Magenta. It really showed how intimidating Magenta actually was considering Dominic's "fearless" nature.

Then there was Mae's other client, Stephen. The tension between werewolves and vampires was subtly expressed when Dominic found out she was hurt in the Chase. To Dominic, it was a barbaric tradition that only wolves would force upon a human.

The plot was very creative. I haven't seen any other books that mixed the supernatural and escorts. The bits of lore weren't completely stereotypical, which was refreshing. Cliffhangers weren't used too much, but it was just the right amount to keep me scrolling. But the ending...that ending had me on a rollercoaster of emotions. At first, I thought Dominic was going to live happily with Mae. Then, I thought she died in that car accident. THEN, I thought Magenta was a good guy...but she wasn't. Finally, Mae was pregnant and the two guys found out at her funeral. My heart has been brutally beaten by this story.

ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕔𝕝𝕦𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟

I didn't have a category to put this in, but I admire how you added your own spice to the change of POV. The name card at the beginning of each chapter was aesthetically pleasing.

I really enjoyed reading this story. The plot put a unique spin on the supernatural creatures. It kept me hooked until the very end. Those twists that you put at the end were so intense! I can't wait for the next book.