Chapter Eleven: The BnL Starship Axiom

Previously...

A silhouette can be seen through the particle clouds, almost in relative relation with the shadow's position on the map with the highlighted end of the hairline path. The sub-light engines fire up again, the ship drifting closer to the nebula and the hidden object within it. Wherever they were going, they were almost there. But where, or more likely, what, is it?

Braedey was going to find out soon enough.

~*~*~

There's something hidden within the purple nebula. Whatever it is, it's big. A planet? No, it's not spherical or round. A planetoid? An asteroid? Braedey speculated, trying to make out its shape; but it strangely looked familiar.

As the A.R.V. cleared through the purple gases clouds, Braedey could see it clearly, he gasped when he realised what it is.

 cleared through the purple gases clouds, Braedey could see it clearly, he gasped when he realised what it is

A gigantic starship. It must be 5 kilometres long from bow tip to stern tip, and its superstructure from the keel to it's spire must be at least 7 kilometers high. It's primarily designed like Earth's ancient ocean cruise liners, with a fat hull that had thousands, maybe millions of viewports; a streamlined superstructure and communications tower, and traditional designed bow and stern. It had another superstructure to it, a sort of engineering spire that ran down from the keel that gave the vessel a look of a space station attached to it. Two massive Ion Drive engines were on each side, with propulsive motors 100 times bigger than the A.R.V. On the bow's starboard side, the side the A.R.V. is approaching, bore the unmistakable red circle and white & blue lettering of the Buy N' Large logo. It's a BnL starliner, but not just any; it must be a flagship, the largest of the fleet.

Braedey noticed the christened name above the logo, and confirmed its familiarity: BnLS AXIOM SL-AX-1001

The very same ship Braedey has seen from the holo-Ads back on Earth. The largest moving object ever constructed by human hands. Braedey never believed it actually existed or would ever see it to be real; and here it proudly was.