In the past (part 1)

Venti stands there at the edge of tears. He wants to run after him, yell out his name in the hope that he'll hear him and comes back. Venti's sight got blurry and he was feeling dizzy, it felt like he was getting dragged away. He had a pain in his heart and everything went black. The bard fell to the ground unconscious, meanwhile with Aether, he remembered that he forgot to bring food with him for Paimon. "Hey Paimon, we need to go back again, I forgot to bring food with us." he said and Paimon immediately started to complain a lot. When they were near Mondstadt and Aether saw Venti on the ground, he ran to him pulling him into his arms.

Venti's pov:
I woke up again in a different timeline. It looked like I was in a the Archon war 500 years ago since I was in my 'God form'. "Over thinking again?" I heard a familiar voice asking me. I turned around and saw Aether, but he looked different. He was wearing a a black cape with a hood, the end of the cape was getting light blue with a touch of a purple and a lot of white dots. The dots were probably symbolizing the stars. He had like me tattoos on the chest just in different colors. Those tattoos have only Archons though. I suddenly felt a hand on my forehead.

"Are you alright Barbatos? You're pretty much red in your face and it feels like you have a fever", dang it, I must have blushed when I looked at him, I thought to myself. But why does Aether look like an Archon? And even if he was, what kind of god was he? "I'm alright, don't worry" I quickly responded with a smile. He gave me his worried look in his eyes and I resured him that I really was feeling alright. "Ever since I'm looking for Lumine, things changed here. Something or someone is provoking this war on purpose", I looked at him with surprise. What is he talking about?

"Aether, I have a question" I carefully said and I noticed that he noticed that I said  it way to carefully and he had immediately that worried face. "Actually two.." "What is it Barbatos?", he looked at me, "You told me that you used to travel from world to world and I was wondering, if you ever find your sister, would you leave Teyvat..?", he looked at me surprised and I could tell that this question took him off guard. Why am I asking, of course he will leave.

Before I even knew it, he pulled me closer and hugged me tight. I didn't move an inch, it actually shocked me. "Of course I won't my darling", I immediately blushed, "Stop being flirty, you idiot!" I yelled and I heard a laugh from him, it's the sweetest and most attractive thing I have ever heard. "Now, what's your second question?" he asked, pushing my chin up. He was so close and he got even closer, our lips barely touched. "Would you take care of me if I'm on my knees, crying or dying?", this time I whispered that question. He put a hand on my cheek, saying that he will always do that. We stayed silent, staring into each others eyes.

"Okay you lover birds, this is not the right time to have a moment. Now move your butts over to the meeting, it's almost time" Rex Lapis appeared next to us. I panicked and probably looked like a tomato.
We all went to the meeting and after a while, everyone was arguing if Aether should count as a god or not. Some said that he's way to powerful, some said that there should be only seven gods. I was glad thay a lot said that he should count as one. The one with its divine ideal was war got furious and wanted to attack us, but Aether stepped in and opened a portal in front of her and another one at the end of the room, so the attack got teleported away from us.

It was seen that his divine ideal is the opposite of hers. Aether's divine ideal was peace and harmony. Everyone's eyes were on him now, expecting another move, but he did nothing. Someone else spoke, "Even if he gets accepted to be the 8th god, where should he watch over?" asked the Raiden Shogun. She's right, where should he watch over? My mouth talked on its own now. "He could watch together with me over my region" I said and it even surprised me but at least everyone agreed with me.

Time skip
It's been days since that meeting. Somethings don't fit in. It's obvious that I'm in the past since I don't really control my body and I'm only observing what is happening. If Aether amd I are watching over my region, then why isn't there also an Archon statue of him? "Lord Barbatos, someone started attacking Teyvat, everything is on fire and weird blocks are flying around. Also Rex Lapis, Pax stellas and others are fighting at the moment!" an ancient villager came to me and told me that. My body rushed out when Pax stellas was mentioned. That was probably Aether's god name.

When I reached the area, it looked exactly like the scene from my nightmare. Everywhere was fire and those weird black to reddish blocks as well. he teleported the gods to their own region to fight there. I noticed how badly injured he was and immediately ran to him hugging him tight. He told me that everyone is safe before he collapsed in my arms. I stretched my wings and flew away from the place, trying to find a safe place for both of us. Surprisingly the big tree in Windrise isn't burning, so I flew there and put Aether on the ground for him to rest. It was my turn to protect him this time

If you're wondering about divine ideal, here's where I got it from:

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/The_Seven