|15| Which is the Truth? Your's or Mine?

Chapter 15— Which is the Truth? Your's or Mine?

Jacelyn's P.O.V.

~~~~~~

After Scott texted me I ran to his house. He told me that Deaton didn't want my brother in his pack. He wanted Scott and I to join, he just needed Derek out of the way.

Melissa came back and drove me back to the Argent's apartment.

~~~~~~

"Derek, where are we going?" I asked as my older brother ran though the woods dragging me behind him. "Can you slow down? I can't run this fast." I said before tripping over a branch that had fallen over.

"We have to keep moving," he said picking me up off of the ground before taking off again with me in his arms.

As we round a tree a stick with a bright light and a high pitched sound, was thrown into it. Derek fell to the ground covering his ears, dropping me in the process. He strained to get up, picking me up again.

Derek kept running as more sticks with lights were thrown into trees surrounding us.

"They're everywhere," he whispers, as he looks around trying to find away to our safe place.

He turns to run through a clearing hoping that the hunters would leave us alone. Derek was looking over his shoulder, he didn't notice a boy about his age running towards us. "Derek?" I said before it was too late. Derek and the other boy crashed into each other and Derek once again dropping me.

He reached down to help me up as he brushed off the dirt from my messy pigtails.

"Why didn't you stay home," Derek groaned as he picked me up again.

"I wanted to go with you." I whine back putting my arms around is neck, hugging him tightly.

"You never listen, do you?" He hugged me back.

"You're both a Hale. Aren't you?" The other young boy said causing Derek and I to turn and look at him.

Before Derek could answer an arrow came flying behind the other boy and into his throat. We stood there watching as the boy fell to the ground, his glowing eyes slowly fading into nothing.

"Derek, we have to go." I start to cry as I hear something click behind us. I really regretted sneaking out to follow my 15 year old brother along with our uncle. We lost him as soon as the hunter caught up with us the first time.

Derek stood frozen as a hunter step out of the shadows, slowly raising a crossbow pointing it directly at us. I close my eyes and turn my head into Derek's neck as he holds me closer.

Hes grips tightens around me as I faintly hear the sound of something fire, but never hitting us. We both look back over to the hunter to see someone else standing in font of us.

"Uncle Peter?" I ask slowly pulling away from Derek's neck.

"You never listen, do you?" Peter faintly laughs. "Run." He pushes Derek as more bullets come flying behind us.

The three of us run through the wood. Well Peter and Derek run as I am held in Derek's arms. After what seems like forever of running we finally make it to a large tree stump with a trap door leading under the stump.

Derek sat me down as he sat next to me as Peter sat across from us.

"Why didn't you stay home?" Peter asked angrily at me.