|7| Family Issues

Chapter 7– Family Issues

Jacelyn's P.O.V.

~~~~~~

As the full moon started to rise we all rushed out to the woods track Boyd and Cora. Scott had took off, Allison had went home after finding out what her mother had done, and I was stuck with Derek and his questions. Great.

"So are you going to tell me why my sister recognized you?" Derek crossed his arms and leaned against a tree.

"I don't know how many times I have to tell you, I have no idea why she knew who I was. I don't even know who she is!" I yell in frustration towards him.

"Well she knew you."

"Okay that doesn't mean I know her." I sassed back.

Derek went to say something back before his phone had started to ring.

"Hello." He said after answering.

"I may have lost them." The voice said on the other end of the phone. I could recognize the voice from anywhere. It was Scott.

"You lost them!" Derek yelled through the phone.

"Yeah I kinda had too," I could here little whimpers coming from Scott's side of the phone.

"That's wasn't exactly part of the plan," Derek said getting kinda annoyed. I roll my eyes at him.

"I know, which is why I think that we should stick together. Trust me-- he's too strong, too fast, and way too angry for one person to handle. We've got to do this together."

"Jace and I are at the trails by the entrance to the preserve. Can you meet us here?" Derek asked.

"Yeah... Just got to drop something off first..," Scott's voice trailed off as he hung up the phone.

Derek and I waited on what seem like forever for Scott to finally arrive.

"Finally, what took you so long?" I asked Scott jumping down from a rock I was sitting on. Before Scott could answer we heard howls coming from a distance.

"We're not the only ones that decided to stick together." Derek said walking over to Scott.

"Is that gonna make it easier or harder to catch them?" Scott asked the alpha.

"I don't know," Derek was started to get irritated.

"Derek we're just trying to help, you don't have to be a sour wolf all the time," I roll my eyes at him.

"I saw Boyd try to rip two little kids apart. Are they gonna do that to everyone that they find?" Scott looked over to Derek.

"Everyone and anyone." He replied with an eye roll.

The three of us start to look around the preserve looking for Boyd and Cora. Derek went a different way while Scott and I stayed together thinking about what happened earlier at the bank.

FLASHBACK A FEW HOURS EARLIER

"She tried killing the both of you." Allison seemed surprised that her own mother would try to kill her best friend and her boyfriend or whoever Scott was to her at the time.

"Uh..... Yeah. Yeah she did." Scott stuttered.

"Why didn't you guys tell me?" She questioned us.

"Allison we didn't want—," I started to tell her but she cut me off before I could.

"Tell me what?"