Chapter 3

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Frank's POV

I waited until his sobs died down. He slowly pulled away from my chest.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked.

"Yes, thank you," he replied. "Would you happen to have some tissues lying around?"

"I do," I said, quickly reaching for the box of tissues on my desk and handing it to him.

He gratefully pulled three tissues out of the box and cleared his nose.

"If you wanna talk about it, I'm a good listener," I offered when I noticed that he seemed to be more at peace.

"My grandmother passed away just as I arrived in the hospital," he informed me.

"I am so very sorry," I said, instinctively moving towards him and giving him a comforting hug.

I felt his arms go around my waist and for some reason I felt that his arms naturally belonged there.

After some time, he pulled away from me once more and said that he had to go back to the hospital to make arrangements for his grandmother's remains. He had come back for his brown satchel and its contents because he needed them to give his grandmother the last sacrament.

When he mentioned 'the last sacrament' that was when it hit me.

"Are you a priest by any chance?" I asked, trying not to make my eyes widen in surprise.

"No," he replied. "I'm not a priest... yet."

"But you're going to be one," I stated the obvious.

"In two years time, yes," he said.

"So if you're not yet a priest, are you allowed to give the last sacrament to the dead?" I asked.

"I am a deacon," he explained. "I am authorized to administer the sacrament of the sick and the final blessing for the dead."

"I see," I tried to understand what he was saying. I tried to put him in the environment of a monastery going about some priestly work.

I sighed and reminded myself that I was setting myself up for a heartache by falling for this good looking guy. I was aware that he was not allowed to get romantically involved with anyone so it would be an emotional disaster to fall for someone like him.

He thanked me once more for keeping his brown satchel in safe custody and before I knew it he was out of my life.  For ever. Or so it seemed .........

A/N: The image above does not belong to me

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Drake's POV

I kept shaking my head to clear my thoughts.

Shame on me. I should be focused  on attending to all the post mortem arrangements for my grandmother, instead here I was, savoring the memory of the feel of those warm comforting arms around me, the sound of his heart beating against my cheek as I sobbed into his warm solid chest.

I shook my head one last time and told myself sternly to get a grip on myself. My grandmother would be thoroughly disapproving of me right now. She was the one who brought me up from my early teens after my parents divorced and started their new families.

My grandmother was the one who had encouraged me to dedicate my life in the service of God and the church. She was a devoted Catholic and she attributed and was grateful for all the material blessings she enjoyed to God's great generosity.

Even before she got very sick, she had informed me that with the help of her lawyer she had put together her will leaving all her material and financial assets to me. She did not leave a single penny to my dad who was her son and whose divorce she had frowned upon because she believed in the sanctity of marriage.

Well, if I were to marry that good looking hotel administrator, divorce would never come into the picture.

Okay, enough. Enough now, reckless scatterbrained you, I scolded myself as I stepped out of my car after parking it in the hospital's visitor parking lot.