Chapter 4

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Drake's POV

After I had signed all the hospital documents I called the mortuary office to make arrangements for my grandmother's funeral services. I told the mortuary staff to exclude the floral services. I would take care of them myself.

Even before I eased my car out of the hospital parking lot, I made a call to the florist shop at the Hyacinth Tranquility Court.

The florist staff took my call. I asked to talk to Frank.

"May I know who's calling, please?" the staff asked.

I gave the staff my name.

Frank took my call immediately.

"How are things going, Drake?" he asked.

"I'm doing my best to stay strong," I replied.

"Please accept my sympathies," Frank said.

"Thank you," I responded.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" Frank asked.

"Actually, yes," I replied. "I need floral services at the mortuary chapel where my grandmother will be lying in state."

"You can count on me to do that for you," I heard him say firmly.

"When do you want me to come over to your shop?" I asked.

"Whenever you get the chance," he replied.

=      =      =      =      =      =     =     =      =

The funeral services went smoothly and beautifully.

I was surprised to see Frank in attendance.

I noticed that he had seated himself at the very back row of seats in the chapel.

He had driven himself to the cemetery as well and stayed until the priest gave his last blessing and my grandmother was finally laid to rest.

I quickly walked over to him when I saw him starting to walk back to his car.

"Hey, Frank," I called out.

He turned around and waited for me to reach him.

He extended his hand to express his sympathy.

I did not take it. Instead I moved up close to him and he held me gently.

I found myself sobbing into his shoulder.

"Listen, if there's anything I can help you with, don't hesitate to call me," he said as he ran his hand gently up and down my back. "It doesn't have to be floral services. I can do much more than that."

"Thank you," I said, moving away to retrieve my hankie out of my pocket.

"Excuse me," I said as I blew into my handkerchief.

"Do you have time to attend the get together at my grandmother's estate?" I asked. "It's not far from here. It will be a small gathering. Only close friends and relatives will be attending."

"But I'm not one of your close friends nor a relative," he said with a rueful smile.

"Starting today, you will be my close friend," I said. "Come I will text you the address."

The reception was already under way when I got to my grandmother's house.

Her trusty housekeeper and her assistants had already laid out the food and drinks on the long table.

The guests approached me when I walked into the spacious living room.

I accepted their handshakes and hugs and sympathetic greetings.

I did not go into the dining room but lingered in the living room to wait for Frank to arrive.

Soon I saw him being escorted from the foyer and into the living room by one of the housekeepers.

I immediately approached him.

"Thank you for taking time to join me in this sympathy gathering," I said to him as I was giving him a quick grateful hug.

"No problem." he replied.

"Come," I said. "Let's go to the dining room for some refreshments."

He followed me to the dining room where one of the house staff who was standing in attendance immediately approached us and handed us a plate. The reception was not a sitting affair. Guests could take a plate of food and a drink and sit anywhere they wanted.

After we accepted the plate of food and our drinks from the house staff, I led Frank to a small gazebo at the back of the house.

After a few minutes of small talk, I found the courage to ask him the question that had been burning in my mind for a long time.

"Are you married?" I asked, my heart thudding loudly in my chest.

He smiled and held out his left hand to show me that he was not wearing any wedding band.

A/N: For those who may not know it, Frank is coming up with a new BL series called Love Syndrome. No word yet as to its airing date.