𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢.

ⅻⅰ. — 𝙹𝚄𝚂𝚃 𝙶𝙾 𝙰𝙷𝙴𝙰𝙳 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙳𝙸𝙶 𝙼𝚈 𝙶𝚁𝙰𝚅𝙴 𝙽𝙾𝚆

It was at this point in the year— today, specifically— that Neptune wanted to give up

It was at this point in the year— today, specifically— that Neptune wanted to give up. She couldn't remember a good chunk of the previous day, she had too much work to do, and to top it all off, she had lost her bag.

Not to mention the very odd actions of Fred Weasley in the Astronomy tower last night.

She... she didn't know how to react to that. In all honesty, it scared her. What the hell had happened? She remembered running into him in the Owlery yesterday morning, and he had been weird there, too. Something was going on, and Neptune didn't like it.

Also, she had pranked Thomas yesterday, which means he would be pranking her back soon.

Merlin, she was screwed.

(Neppie may or may not have triple-checked all of her clothes before putting them on, but no one needed to know.)

She had also woken up late, so there was that. Her Prefect badge was crooked, and she had missed a few buttons on her robes, and her hair resembled a bird's nest, but this was all fine! Ravenclaws weren't particularly known for their put-togetherness.

It was with this worn-down and rushed look that she waltzed into the Great Hall. And then she remembered that she was now a target, so she slumped her shoulders and ducked her head and hurried to the Gryffindor table to hide. Harry raised an eyebrow and Neppie slugged his arm.

"Shut up," she muttered. Harry raised his hands in surrender. "I didn't say anything." She swiped a pumpkin pasty from his plate and stuffed it in her mouth. Harry pulled a face. Ron was sitting down to her left, and Hermione in front of her, both taking in her ragged appearance with wide eyes.

"What happened to you?" Ron asked. Neppie huffed. "Weird night," was all she said. Ron just shrugged and handed her some sausages.

She had known him for only three or four days, but by Merlin did she love that boy. Hermione watched in amused bemusement at the proceedings. "So," the younger girl started, lowering her book, "for what reason have you graced the Gryffindor table this morning, Neppie?" Neptune grimaced. "Started a war with that letter yesterday," she said ruefully. "Thomas is sure to be planning something, and I'm not so sure I want to find out what it is." Ron raised an eyebrow. "What kind of war?" he asked.

"The pranking kind."

Ron scooted an inch away. He had been between Fred and George's wars one too many times, and he wasn't about to get caught up in this one. Neppie snorted at his expression. "Blimey, mate, don't go rushing to my defence," she said. Ron just shook his head. "Not getting involved in this," he said. Neppie shrugged. She could understand. "Don't worry, ickle Ronnikins, I'm not involving you. I'll probably get Cedric to help me, or Vinny— those two are always up for a good bit of fun." That being said, Vinny was usually far more invested in Neptune's pranks than Cedric.