𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐱.

ⅸ. — 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚆𝙷𝙸𝙿𝙻𝙰𝚂𝙷 𝙾𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙻 𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙺 𝚈𝙾𝚄𝚁 𝙽𝙴𝙲𝙺

 — 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚆𝙷𝙸𝙿𝙻𝙰𝚂𝙷 𝙾𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙻 𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙺 𝚈𝙾𝚄𝚁 𝙽𝙴𝙲𝙺

Thomas was tired of this. He was genuinely tired of this. It was one thing when Neppie stayed up all night doing something she loved, something she truly enjoyed, but this was madness. She had stayed up in the library for a day and a half, only moving when Thomas came to bring her food, and then when he had told her to go to bed, she had sat herself down in her common room and started studying twice as hard! It happened every year, and Thomas was sick of it. Every year she would push herself harder and harder to make sure she excelled, was the best in her class, worthy of coming to Hogwarts, and every year she was sick for a week afterwards. Usually, Thomas just let this happen. He assumed that one day, she would learn her lesson. But he was tired of waiting, and he was tired of seeing his friend do this to herself.

Neppie was sitting at a desk in the Ravenclaw Common Room, pouring over her Arithmancy book, hands stained with ink, scrolls and scrolls of notes by her side. Thomas had been trying to get her away from schoolwork for at least an hour and a half, and it still wasn't working. At this point, she was mumbling to herself deliriously. He was sure that she was sleep-working.

Tired of waiting (and begging) for her to stop, Thomas groaned. Bloody hell, he thought. Let no one say Neptune Black wasn't stubborn. He'd never seen a Ravenclaw so dedicated to a class they weren't extremely interested in.

As he ran a tired hand over his face, an idea struck him. And, of course, it was brilliant, even if it would piss Neppie the hell off once she realized what he did. It would kill two birds with one stone, so what was he to do? He was a Slytherin; if he had a good idea he was going to use it.

Thomas stepped up beside Neppie (who was too engrossed in her work to notice) and tapped her lightly on the shoulder. Neptune flinched violently, knocking over what used to be a full cup of espresso-spiked tea.

"Could've been a nasty spill," Thomas said lightly. Neppie nodded absentmindedly, going back to her work. "Need another cup?" If she had been of sound and sober mind, Neppie would've found Thomas's willingness to help suspicious. But she wasn't, so she didn't, and instead she just nodded again. "Well then," Thomas said. "Why don't you and I go down to the kitchens so you can get some more, hm?" He was pulling her up before she could protest, ignoring the weak noises coming from her mouth, and dragged her out the Common Room portrait.

This was going to work, or Thomas would chew off his own foot.