𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐯𝐢.

ⅹⅵ. — 𝙲𝙾𝚅𝙴𝚁 𝙸𝚂 𝙽𝙾𝚃 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙱𝙾𝙾𝙺

Sure, panicking was her first instinct, but that didn't mean she could skip any more classes

Sure, panicking was her first instinct, but that didn't mean she could skip any more classes. In her opinion, she had skipped quite enough, and it was time to get back on track.

So Neptune sat in the very back of her Charms class, which she—unfortunately—shared with Gryffindors. But this was fine, though, because Fred and George Weasley hardly ever showed up—

Except today they had. Of fucking course they had. Because fuck Neppie's luck, right? Honestly, at this point it was just starting to become annoying. It would take everything in her not to explode if they came up to her today. It was their fault she had missed breakfast, after all, and while she didn't really eat much, she hadn't gotten the chance to say hello to Harry or check on Vinny, and that didn't exactly leave her with a good feeling. But they hadn't seemed to notice her yet, so this was fine, right? Yeah, it was totally fine.

Neptune ignored the redheaded pests that sat three seats ahead of her, detailing a new prank to pull on Thomas. An enchanted quill was floating next to her, scribbling down notes as Flitwick was speaking. Neppie lived by the motto 'work smarter, not harder,' so if there was a way to multitask, she would take it. She hummed quietly to herself, a tune she remembered from childhood but could never quite replicate. Still paying no attention to Flitwick, Neppie moved on from pranking to drawing a picture of Lee Jordan. She had detailed all of her closest friends in her journal, and while she had never gotten the hang of drawing from memory or imagination, she was fairly decent at drawing portraits.

Thomas she had done in third year, while he had fallen asleep in their train compartment. Harry she had done last year, while she watched him talking with Ron and Hermione. Hagrid and McGonagall had both been proud to pose for her when she brought it up, and so had Aunt Poppy. Hermione she had done while the younger girl was immersed in a book during one of their study sessions, but so far she hadn't found a chance to do Lee. The boy moved too much for her to even think about starting a portrait, so finally she settled for taking a non-magical photo of him while he wasn't paying attention. The moment in question was when she had managed to drag both Thomas and Lee to the library to study—those two combined would give her cardiac arrest over their grades, Neppie just knew it. But in the picture, Lee was staring dumbstruck in love at Thomas, who of course, was completely oblivious.

If Neptune had looked up, she would've seen that two certain redheaded pests had in fact noticed her, and that one of them may or may not have been glancing back at her more than he needed to. If Neptune had looked up, she would have seen how Fred Weasley watched her draw, how he watched as she bit her tongue between her lips, how her eyes squinted ever so slightly, how she was so completely adorable focused on the path her pencil made. If Neptune looked up, she might've seen the realisation flight across Fred's face, the look of Morgan and Merlin, has she always been this breathtaking, and maybe the second realisation of yes dipshit, yes she has—