The Man From U. N. C. L. E Preference #4

Preferences - Pregnancy

Napoleon Solo:

When you told Napoleon you were pregnant, for once, he was scared but tried to hide his fear

When you told Napoleon you were pregnant, for once, he was scared but tried to hide his fear. The two of you didn't talk about kids much, so he didn't want any part of the pregnancy at first. He claimed he wasn't ready to settle down just yet, which hurt. A lot. Determined to raise your kid you agreed to part ways, which secretly killed Napoleon, and you started your pregnancy on your own. He regretted his decision to leave you but wasn't quite ready to swallow his pride and face his fears, so you remained apart. He'd often ask Gaby and Illya how you were doing, and constantly spied on you; he would later claim it was only to make sure you weren't in danger. One night he caught a glimpse of you holding your bump, glowing, and he knew he'd made a huge mistake. Napoleon admitted this that night and promised to try and fix what he'd done. He seemed sincere, and for the baby's sake, you allowed him to be part of the pregnancy, as co-parents. But as you progressed through your pregnancy, Napoleon glued to your side, you realized how serious he was about this and the two of you gave it another shot. Your pregnancy softened him up and his smooth demeanor changed real fast when you were around. Napoleon often stole a ticket and snuck you into fancy parties just so he could show you and your bump off. He didn't care that he didn't know anyone at the parties; he just wanted to show you off. It was his way of handling the growing pride he had for this unborn child. This would be a spoiled baby, with the best fashion no doubt. He read all of the pregnancy books, which just made him worry more. He constantly scrambled to do everything for you. Simply because the book said you shouldn't be reaching things on the top shelf at 30 weeks. Napoleon forced you on bed rest the last two weeks of your pregnancy. He was even determined to put the baby's room together, crib and all, instead of just hiring someone to do it. Napoleon wanted the full dad experience. He also read to your bump every night and jumped with excitement every time the baby kicked.  In the beginning, he made mistakes, but everyone does, and he spent every day making it up to you and your unborn child.

Illya Kuryakin:

When you told Illya you were pregnant he was terrified

When you told Illya you were pregnant he was terrified. He refused to abandon you, but he was very distant in the beginning. Illya hardly touched you or your bump. He was just so afraid with his strength and temper he'd hurt the two of you in some way. Eventually, after much convincing on your part, Illya did start to relax a little bit. Whenever he was around you he was impossibly gentle. He always controlled his temper. Illya got teary-eyed at the first ultrasound he went to, but claims there was dust in his eye. No matter how angry he was Illya wouldn't raise his voice, even slightly, if you were near. He constantly asked if you were comfortable and bought about a million security systems. He'd do anything for you, even run for fast food at 3 am. If you ever got tired of walking or your feet hurt, Illya would just pick you up and carry you. Even pregnant you weren't too heavy for him. Surprisingly, Illya was a good cook before, but throughout your pregnancy, he learned a bunch of recipes that'd make the baby "a strong Russian boy." The two of you did have arguments about gender sometimes. Your mood swings confused him, and he was scared of them. You once told him to talk to the baby. He scoffed, mumbling something about babies can't hear.  Later that night though, when he thought you were asleep, you could hear him whispering to your bump. Normally, he'd whisper things to the baby in Russian. He was just so nervous to be a dad. Illya was so protective. He baby-proofed the whole house a week after he found out you were pregnant. Illya would be a cautious father at first, but you were confident he'd be a natural. You also had faith that he'd always protect you and your growing family from any harm.

Gaby Teller:

When you told Gaby you were pregnant she was nervous, of course, but mostly excited

When you told Gaby you were pregnant she was nervous, of course, but mostly excited. During the pregnancy, Gaby talked to your bump a lot, convinced that the baby would hear her in the womb. She also sang to the baby. You never had to ask for anything because before you could Gaby already knew what you needed. She never missed an ultrasound, and her normally calm persona faded into a total helicopter parent. Her favorite thing to do while you were pregnant was going shopping for the baby. Of course, she always got carried away. Gaby told every person she met that she was going to be a mother and how incredible you were. She gave you any type of massage you wanted because she felt so bad you were uncomfortable. Unlike the boys, Gaby didn't leave your side for a single second. She was almost by your side too much. Before your pregnancy, you and Gaby loved spending time together but also time apart. However, the second you told her you were pregnant "time apart" no longer existed. If Gaby wasn't right beside you then she knew exactly where you were, at all times. You understood her work was dangerous and she was just keeping you safe, but she was driving you crazy. So eventually she agreed to give you a few hours to yourself a day. You were pretty sure she was still spying on you during your "alone time," but you never brought it up. At the end of the day, the obsessive worry all came from a place of love.