𝟠

Back at the women's meeting, "Just Another Girl" by Al Hazan & Anette Tucker plays on the radio. Y/N helps clean up while Dottie sits nearby.

"That is why you never do a seating chart on an empty stomach," Dottie states, Y/N turns and looks at her after setting a plate down, "Golly, you're a whiz at all this committee stuff, Dottie. Thank you for choosing me to help you clean up today. I feel so lucky."

"You are," Dottie says, plainly, looking up quickly from her notebook then back down. Y/N turns around and makes a face while her back is turned. After a moment, she turns back around.

"I can't help but wonder if you and I haven't gotten off on the wrong foot, Dottie. And I would like to correct that if I can."

"And how would you do that?" Y/N gives a nervous laugh and says nothing. Dottie puts her book on a side table and stands up, coming eye to eye with Y/N.

"I've heard things about you. You and your husband."

"Well, I don't know what you've been told, but I assure you I don't mean anyone any harm," Y/N's heart beat is skyrocketing, but she keeps her face calm and not panicked.

"I don't believe you."

The radio begins to crackle, just like the television did earlier this morning. The song switches over to "Help Me, Rhonda" by the Beach Boys. A voice comes through, "Y/N. Y/N, can you read me, over? Y/N?"

"Who is that?" Dottie asks, questioning the sudden voice through the radio.

"Y/N?"

"Who are you?"

"Y/N? Y/N. Who is doing this to you, Y/N? Y/N? Y/N? Y..."

The radio blows a fuse and begins to smoke, cutting off the voice. Dottie crushes her glass in surprise, cutting her hand. She and Y/Nboth gasp.

"Dottie!" She looks down and sees the blood in Dottie's hand isn't in black and white, but in color, a prominent red color. "You... Oh!"

Y/N gets a towel for Dottie's hand.

"Pop quiz, Y/N. How does a housewife get a bloodstain out of white linen? By doing it herself." Dottie walks away, leaving Y/N alone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Present Day       𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐋𝐚𝐛
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dammit! Not again!" Steve yells, after watching the Y/N and Dottie interaction through the TV. They had failed again to get Y/N to respond in any kind of way.

Peter looked up at the super soldier, "Language Mr. Rogers.." Steve glared at him, he was never going to live that down, "Not the time kid."

Steve turned back to Jimmy, who talked to Y/N just a few moments before, "What do you mean 'Who's doing this to you?'," he asked the FBI agent, "Well, how do we even know she's doing this to herself? You all were just guessing that she did this, there could be something bigger going on!" Jimmy tried to explain, but no one was really listening except for Clint.

Clint never really said anything this whole time, he thought of Y/N as a younger sister, and it broke his heart watching her through a screen and not being able to help. He thought to himself, 'This guy could really be onto something, we've seen many others become influenced by the powers of the Infinity Stones, and isn't that where Y/N got her powers from?' He wanted to say something, but didn't want to be yelled at by Tony.

He looked at the TV again and noticed another commercial, "Guys.." they all turned to him, "Look," he said, pointing at the second commercial

A man in a tux stands in front of a mirror. "They say a man is never fully-dressed without two important accessories." A woman comes up behind the man.