Prolouge

"you've made flowers grow in my lungs and, although they are beautiful i can't breathe."

You were Y/N L/N, a 2nd Year in Sobu High, and you were part of the Service Club of your School were your basically lifelong crush is the president.

But recently, you've been hacking and coughing like there's no tomorrow,you sometimes have high fevers,chills and loss of appetite. You didn't pay mind into it until you started vomiting flowers.

You were scared,confused and in a daze and decided to search the internet for answers until you stumbled upon a forum talking about the symptoms you've had for the last couple of months.

Chills,loss of appetite,fever. You were intrigued, you wanted to know more about this disease that you had.

The Hanahaki disease.is a  disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings (romantic love only; strong friendship is not enough), or when the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear.

You were more afraid. It was either her reciprocating her feelings or surgically removing the growing petals in your chest. Though you knew you fell really deep considering you've known her for quite a while. Thus, your life's countdown has started and you were determined to live the best of your dwindling life.

Yukino:how are the plans coming up for the prom Hikigaya-kun?

Hachiman:it's coming up good. Though sometimes everyone either gets burnt out or sick.

Yukino:that leads me to question, has anyone of you noticed that Y/N keeps getting in and out of the bathroom every now and then?

Yuigahama:i thought i was the only one noticing up until now. I wonder what's up with him?

Hachiman:(thoughts)strange. It would probably be because of diarrhea but the frequency of him going in and out is way too much could it be-

Y/N:may i come in?

Yukino:go on ahead.

Y/N then proceeds to open and close the door behind him and took a seat near the window.

Yukino:may i ask why do you frequently go to the bathroom every now and then?

Hachiman:probably faps to his fantasies there considering the amount.

Y/N:what the fuck?

Yukino:disguting.

Yuigahama:eww Hikky! Why would you think of that first?

Hachiman:beats me.guess i'll ask him in private later.

(Timeskip because A/N can't think of proper sequencing and should be doing his other book rather than this)

It was the afternoon. Probably a perfect one. The sky was visible and the sun's rays shone bright.Y/N was on his way home until..

Hachiman:where are you going
Y/N-san?

Y/N:oh Hikigaya-san? I thought you were supposed to be with Iroha planning the prom?

Hachiman:she gave us the day off. Where were you going?

Y/N:home. I want to get on my bed and pass out.

Hachiman:i shouldn't pry about this but are you alright? You've been really trying to avoid Yukinoshita ever since 2 weeks ago.

Y/N:hoh? The self-loathing loner is concerned about someone else? Why can't i avoid someone every now and then?

Hachiman:don't play dumb. I know you've been hiding something. something bloody.

Y/N:i don't recall you asking to pry on my personal problems, Hikigaya-san.

Hachiman:i'll find out sooner or later.

Y/N:then i wish you best of your endeavors.

Hachiman:prick.

Y/N then proceeded to walk home. Though with a heavy heart. He wanted someone to notice. Someone to open up and try and save him.

A/N's notes:
Hanahaki disease and Oregairu kept poking in my head so i decided to make one!

Also i liked Yui and Hikigaya ship more since both of them are polar opposites and would make up for their faults lol.