Chapter 3

"Where are they ?", Touka asked staring at the group. "We don't know", Nishiki answered feeling the tension in the air,"I do," Yomo said calmly "I can tell you if you want but you have to promise me that you won't do anything that's dangerous", Touka nodded her head, "they are at an abandoned dockyard in the 11th ward though they can be anywhere this moment, that's their base of operations".Touka decided she would go talk to Kaneki and Ayato as soon as possible.

Kaneki by now had become a kakuja and with the support of the two ex-aogiri members they had been very successful in their missions and their group was coming up in tokyo. Tsukiyama provided the funds but Kaneki knew that he shouldn't rely on tsukiyama for everything as he trusted tsukiyama even less than Ayato and Rio so he resided to change his means of funds, so to say. Kaneki started to do contract killings and assasinations, kidnapped rich ghouls associated with the ghoul restaurant and he even took protection money and started to extorted money from ghoul restaurants to spare them.
Kaneki had changed quite a lot in the months he had gone away, he did hesist killing humans a bit but he had killed a few investigators and was slowly getting used to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~*a few days later*~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaneki was drinking coffee in a cafe, where according to rumors sen takatsuki often visited, there he overheard a conversation between a girl who had covered her face and had green hair and two men in suits, though one of them was a bit weirdly dressed and had stitches all over his body and blonde hair, the other looked like an aged man with short hair and beard
"I have heard rumors about a cafe in the 20th ward which is run by ghouls", said the girl, "Interesting, continue", said the senior investigator, the other one was just sitting their listening while drinking from his juice can, "You might find the owl there", Kaneki's eyes grew wide as listened to their conversation and after a few minutes they left.

Kaneki was following the two Investigators, surely the informer was from aogiri, 'now those sadistic bastards are trying to lure me out by underhanded tactics by endangering my loved ones', Kaneki thought and his blood was boiling. He has to kill those investigators before they report it to the rest of the CCG, he follows them till they reach an alleyway and go in, he lunges and decapitates the senior investigator on the spot and got in a battle with the blonde investigator, kaneki had his rinkaku tentacles out thrashing about, the investigator was very strong and was very agile jumping and dodging all of the one-eye's attacked and was slashing at Kaneki, both jump in opposite directions then charge at each other, Kaneki's right arm gets slashed of while he impales the investigator through his chest and abdomen with his rinkaku kagune. Kaneki heals by devouring the two fresh corpses of the investigators, cleans himself and heads towards his hideout.

Kaneki was away protecting Anteiku but some small part of his mind wanted to back badly untill the incident with the investigators happened, he knew he has to bring down anyone who comes to know about Anteiku's secret and if he goes back aogiri will inform some other investigator and his family would be caught with him which he doesn't even want to think about,
He had stopped a disaster from reaching Anteiku today, who knows what would have happened if he hadn't killed those two Investigators. Satisfied for now, he opens the hideout door and ayato is looking at him with a worried expression and beside him is sitting Touka.