𝟖 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳

So sorry this update took so long my loves! School has been absolutely mad, and I just haven't been able to find the time! As well, I probably wrote this chapter 6 or 7 times before I liked it, because I had a whole idea for it but I completely scrapped that idea, and we are left with this. It's one of those "in between" chapters that are important for the story, but don't have much to them. Enjoy!

Chapter 8

Trigger warnings: none

Ivy's POV

Time had passed since Ivy spent time on stream with everyone. Over the course of the next few weeks, she continued to occasionally talk with Dream, and sit in on his streams as a mod. Ever since the among us game, she began to hear her name mentioned more in chat, tweets, and conversations. The fandom seemed to have taken a liking to her and frankly, she wasn't complaining.

Ivy scrolled through her phone while she sat on her couch. It was the sort of relaxing time where nothing is going on except relaxation. She had music playing through her speaker, softly echoing through her apartment. Finally, tired of just sitting around, she stood up from her couch.

Doing a small twirl, she lazily danced across her hardwood floor, nearly slipping in her socks. Catching herself on the edge of her bookcase, she pushed her hair out from over her face and glanced upward.

"Kayla don't look at me like that," Ivy scoffed, staring straight into the eyes of her cat who seemed to look at her with concern. "I'm the one having a good time, unlike you just sitting around..."

Putting all her weight into her feet, Ivy slid down against the wall until she was seated. Swiftly and quietly, Kayla sauntered over and curled up right in between her knees.

What a perfect day to do... absolutely nothing.

Ivy smiled, feeling perfectly content with life. Things were going well for her, and she was very happy. She loved her job at the cafe, and she loved being a small part of the mcyt community.

She picked Kayla up from underneath her front legs and held her out in front of her. Kayla peered back at her, looking confused but content. "You're a pretty good cat, my love" she sighed before placing her back down and standing up.

Ivy stepped into her bedroom and walked over to where her guitar sat on its stand. Ivy played both acoustic guitar, as well as electric bass. They were both rather similar, so learning one came easy after knowing the other. She picked it up and sat down on her floor with her legs crossed. 

Her fingers strummed across the strings which hummed out the tune of Hozier's 'Cherry Wine'. As her hands danced around, plucking here and moving there, she gently smiled at the music she was making. It was a rewarding feeling for Ivy, to be able to create something that she felt so much beauty flow from.

Interrupting her musical moment, her phone began to ring. She set her guitar back onto its stand, and grabbed her phone, seeing it was a discord call. She answered and held the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" Ivy cheerily answered. "Oh hey!" responded Sapnap. "George is here too, by the way" he stated calmly.

Ivy furrowed her brow, confused as ever. Why would Sapnap and George call her? She'd only spoken to them once or twice, and Dream was always there too.

Either they're up to something, or I'm just overly cautious.

"Oh hi, George!" Ivy chimed.

She heard Sapnap inhale, almost seeming nervous or hesitant to speak. "What would you think... about joining us to play Jackbox on stream tomorrow night? I- I mean, Dream will be there too! Well that's why we're calling! We want you to come as a surprise for dream, he really enjoys it when you're there."

Without noticing, Ivy was smiling from ear to ear.

He enjoys my company?

"Mon Dieu, of course I will!" Ivy gushed. "I had such a great time when I joined you all last time, so I'd love to do it again!"

(My God)

"Good to hear" George said. "Thank you so much!" laughed Sapnap. She could sense a feeling of relief in their voices. After some small questions about logistics of the stream and other little things, Ivy disconnected from the call.

˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚

George's POV

After hearing the tone that Ivy had left the call, George sharply exhaled through his nose and titled his head back. "You really want to win this bet, hey?"

"Dude I know it's gonna happen, I can just feel it" he heard Sapnap sigh through the call. "I was worried she'd say no, and that it would have been weird to ask" he confessed. George rolled his eyes at this. "I mean you're only trying to get her involved with Dream so you can win our bet" he chuckled.

"I mean, yeah... but I also want Dream to be happy, you know? She seems really cool" Sapnap confessed. In that moment, George could really tell how much Sapnap actually cared about Dream. The three of them truly had quite an amazing friendship.

"Alright, do what you want, just don't be a creep" George laughed. 

They spent the rest of their evening chatting (or at least what was George's evening, but Sapnap's early-afternoon) before they parted ways and hung up the call.

George laughed to himself. Sapnap was much more persistent than he was expecting him to be.

What have I gotten myself into?

He wasn't going to try to keep Ivy away from Dream, but he was going to do his best to keep Sapnap from bringing them together. After all, he wouldn't mind beating Sapnap in their little bet. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ 𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚!

Hey loves! Sorry again for the lack of updates!!

Tommy's vlog with George and Wilbur came out today, how are we all feeling? It's literally my new comfort video I love it so much!!! I've probably watched it 15 times today and it only been out for several hours!!

Also, thank you so much for 4k reads! The growth that this story is experiencing is way beyond what I expected, and I am so thankful! As well, we hit #1 in discord! You guys are insane!!

love you all so much!!

vote?