Prologue

As of now, this book is a shell of what it will be, but I'd like to start publishing it now.

It has no proper cover, no decided format, no fancy editing.

It's just a shell.

I've had this idea in my head for a book like this for a long time now, and I finally decided I was going to make it.

This is not a fan-fiction, like my other books. This is a collection of non-fiction stories told from the perspectives of my characters, who I have a deep connection with.

This is a diary. A diary of every girl in the United States, if not the world.

I want to represent us with this story, our story, a constant battle against ourselves and others. 

I want to remind everyone that life doesn't have to have one note.

In the Middle Ages, music was unison. All of it. Everyone sang on the same notes, at the same time. Harmonies were only added in because someone decided they were going to make a huge change. Someone decided they were going to push the limit of what others believed to be right or appropriate and they changed music forever.

This is how history is made. This is how people become influential.

Whether it is on a minor or major scale, to one or to thousands, anyone can change the world.

I want to do the same. To write a book that challenges someone to think and to feel a way they might have never felt before. 

I want to write a book that challenges what some people thought about life itself.

This is a book to help you think. Imagine. Feel. Interpret.

I'm not someone who's very good at digging deep into the purpose of other author's works, and so I'll understand the many questions you may have about my own. As Tim O' Brien's work The Things They Carried highlights: stories can be told 1000 times 1000 different ways and can mean something different to everyone they touch. And some people will just never understand.