nineteen!

*°࿐
━━019,
you'll find, the glimmer in your eye!

Friends are stars and the black velvet in any dark night, bringing comfort within whatever reality one finds themselves in

Adalaine Airoldi, Sarah Cameron, and Kiara Carrera. They were stars together, they lit up the skies for one another when the clouds emerged and storms brewed.

They all had each other. Until of course, they didn't.

One by one, the light that burned bright and kept them tethered burned out, turning into stardust that flittered towards the ground in untraceable debris without a single explanation as to why Adalaine was left alone.

Sure, the Airoldi girl wasn't alone per say, as Kiara was still a constant in her life.

But it wasn't the same without the Kook princess, as she was the one who brought them all together in the first place.

Would Adalaine have met the curly-haired beauty without the help of the blonde? Would she have ever gotten a job at The Wreck? Would Mike never be that father-figure she so desperately needed?

Was everything that Adalaine appreciated after her best friend left, all because of Sarah Cameron in the first place?

That was what tormented her mind as she sat on the deck of the boat with Kie by her side and the blonde Kook in front of her, equally as restless over their situation that had been forced on them by the Pogue boys.

She had a feeling something was suspicious when Pope had picked the two up earlier that day, but she was far too tired and restless to think carefully on the situation. And when Jj wrapped his arm around the brunette's waist for just a few minutes as Kiara talked to John B, she was far too distracted by his smooth voice and warm body to wonder why the two boys couldn't have done it themselves.

Kiara and Sarah had been arguing for the last ten minutes, and Adalaine was grateful enough to have the talent to block them out. The brunette had been smoking a joint by herself, the marijuana was burning her insides and she was desperate for water, but that would require going into the cabin, and Addy was certain that if she left, Kiara would throw the blonde Kook off of the boat.

Despite how much Adalaine can't stand Sarah, despite the years of never feeling good enough. Wishing harm upon the girl was wrong, and if anything did happen to her, the young Airoldi girl wouldn't know what to do with herself.

"What did I even do?!" Sarah exclaims, her voice breaking causes Adalaine's gaze to snap over to the blonde. "Whatever I did... I'm sorry, okay?"

Adalaine squeezes her eyes shut tightly until she can see stars behind them. Perhaps it was out of desperation for some sort of courage, or maybe in a stupid attempt to ignore the looming conversation. But whatever, she opens them a few seconds later and blinks away the brief daze.