three!

*°࿐
━━003,
don't be sad, the sun is shining. just be happy!

It's been known that we live in a culture, in an environment, in a community, where the emphasis is placed on the appearance of a particular ideal body size or shape

It's been known that we live in a culture, in an environment, in a community, where the emphasis is placed on the appearance of a particular ideal body size or shape. And now, in modern society, the form of the human body has changed through practices like bodybuilding, soulcycle, implants, and cosmetic surgery. You can alter your body and those who pass you on the street might not know that you spent thousands of dollars on your face or body (but remember, this is not a judgment on Adalaine's part, no, do whatever the fuck you want!) It just needs to be clear, that this, life━━or whatever you want to call it, is a wicked game.

It's a wicked game for all... for those who made changes to feel more beautiful or acceptable walk with purpose on the street, and those who pass them don't know they've gotten a nose job or their waist slimmed. No, they think it's natural, and the only reason why they don't look that way, is their fault, that they haven't done enough. But it's not! However, it's fucking easy for Adalaine━━and dozens, thousands, millions of others ━━ to pick out their insecurities and compare them to a picture-perfect model that has none! This is society and it's incredibly fucked up and unfair, and you can explain these words ten thousand times, but it's a difficult thing to get through a broken mind.

So really, it should be no surprise that the beauty industry and the fashion industry thrive off capitalism and tearing people apart. Now, thinking about it, that might be one of the reasons why Amelie Airoldi loves it so much, for she is one of the lucky ones at the top. And her daughter, poor Adalaine, is at the bottom, suffering from the burdens of not being good enough and enough insecurities to feed the entire world. 

Adalaine remembers during mental health awareness week at school seeing a quote from the notable Louise Hay, who wrote, "You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn't worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens." And that's exactly what she tried to do! Get this, there were definite improvements, her mind wasn't clouded, and her fingers weren't always around her waist. It was a moment of freedom and life! But then Amelie Airoldi came home from New York Fashion Week and everything she built up for herself in those seven days, fell down with a loud shatter. It might not have physically wounded her, but the glue that was keeping her heart together, was about to be unhinged.

If Adalaine ever wanted to be okay in her own being, she needed things to change. The issue was that she would not tell her mother that she needed to stop criticizing her body because it was damaging her well-being. Because god, she'd probably get slapped across the face if she did. So she'd just wait until she was off the island and thousands of miles away from her mother, she's not sure what she'll do, but Adalaine is sure that being away from Mrs. Airoldi is the first step.