4: Arrival

New York is kinda cool, very different than when I was younger. The buildings are a lot taller, cars are super noisy, all the bright signs. Seeing central park was pretty cool too. Eventually we end up in a big tower with stains were the letter "A" was. Steve lands the plane and we both hop out. I raise my gun while he does the same with his shield.

We see three men inside, "You think that's them?" I ask Steve.

"We're about to find out," he says before he runs through the glass with his shield, it doesn't even knock him off balance. The first two men raise the gun while the third runs, why did he run?

Steve keeps his shield high while I shoot at the door to stop the man from escaping but he does anyway.

"Who are you?" Steve asks the man with all seriousness in his voice. Both men start shootings in return. There is nothing to take cover behind so we run cowards to hide behind the bar.

"Those are the bad guys?" I don't want kill anyone I don't have to. I'm not like that anymore, at least I'm trying not to be.

"Yes? Why else would they be shooting at us?" He doesn't take his gaze off the men shooting at us. With his conformation I peak my head up and start shooting. After all of the gun fights I've been in, I rarely miss. I shoot the man that is closest to us 3 times before I get back under the table. I'm not used to going without orders so I hesitate.

"What are you waiting for?" He doesn't get it. I peak my head back up again and shoot the other mans hand then his shoulder. We both get up and approach him. I unintentionally wrap my left hand around his neck, it's just a habit. I cant get what HYDRA put in my head out. I let go after I realize what I'm doing, "Where is she?"

He smiles, "She gone boys." Me and Steve are both taken back my this before I feel a small sting in my right arm. I look down to see a dart. Sleep, tranquilizer, I'm not sure. I fall to the ground and fight to keep my eyes open but eventually I lose.

————

I don't know how long I was out but when I open my eyes I see that Steve is awake.

"Steve?"

"Buck," he whispers back.

"What happened?" I raise my head and try to look around. All I see is a grey wall. My hands are tied behind a chair. Steve is next to me in the same position.

"Natasha wanted you at the compound because she was following orders. Fury thought we should...use... you if it was necessary."

"What?" I knew it. Why would they have to get in my head, I'm a good fighter without the damn mind control.

"I should have left you there damn it." he says super quietly, almost like he didn't want me to hear. That's all I am to everybody there? A weapon? That's the only reason why they took me in. "You were safe there. They didn't plan on doing that they just didn't want you to kill anyone on our team." That's comforting.

Before I can respond a man and a woman walk through the door. "Let us go."

"I happily will Captain Rogers. Your friend on the other hand, won't get off that easily."

"Where the hell is Morgan?" I'm done with all of the secrets. Once I get my girl back I'm getting the hell out of here. Wait, she's gone. What did that guy mean by she's gone?

"She was here, you guys are smart. We were informed that no one knew her whereabouts." We're too late, we're too late. "We've taken her to a more remote location."

I can't get out I can't move. I'm trying to get out but I can hardly move my left arm, my right doesn't move at all. I can't move.

"Your not getting out-" the woman behind him takes a step forward and whispered something to him quietly, so quietly I almost couldn't hear, "We have a situation outside." He nods his head before he turns back to us, "We will be right back." They both walk out of the door.

Once they leave I wrap my left hand around the knot that is keeping my hands behind my back and jerk down. I'm free, but I can't move my wrist. That rope was tight, I'm ok. Now I need to find Morgan. I walk over to Steve and get him untied.

"Thank you," he says looking down.

"Did you tell everyone where we were?"

"They can track the ship, they will come soon. I'll send an emergency SOS signal when we get out of here." If we get out of here. Steve looks around the room for another way out but the only way is through the steel door in front of us that I know we won't be able to get open.

"We need to find Morgan."

"How do you think we're gonna do that?"

The door shoots open before I get the chance to respond, I don't know how we're gonna get her back. But we will.  The man and the women come back in, me and Steve take them down before they even knows what hit them. While I would never hit a woman... purposely... I go for her and let Steve have his fun with the big guy.

The girl was easy to take out just a punch to the head and she was out. The man Steve is fighting is a little tougher but I let him do his thing while I run out the door to get back to the quinjet.

Screaming. I know that voice. Morgan. Morgan is here. That son of a bitch lied. She's here, "Morgan!" I can't her, I'm looking everywhere in every room, I can't find her.

"Bucky! We gotta go there are dozens of HYDRA soldiers coming if we don't go now we're not gonna make it out of here." Steve runs up behind me and tries to drag me away but I can't leave. I cant.

"Morgan's here we can leave once we find her."

"The dude said she wasn't here anymore?"

She screams again, so I run to follow it. She sounds like she's in pain. I hear soldiers running up towards me but I don't care, I keep running in the direction of the scream until Steve grabs my arm once again.

"We have to go or we will be in the same boat..."

"No!" I jerk free from his hold and run up to a door. She's in here. She's here. "Morgan!"

Steve grabs me and drags me away. I try resisting but he's got a good grip on my arm this time, I can't break loose. I see her. In the window. In that damn chair. I see her. "Let me go!"

I see the soldiers coming but I don't care. I need to get her back I can't just let her go through all of that pain. Steve tosses me into the quinjet and locks the doors before I can't jump out, "Why are you just leaving her there Steve?! I thought you cared about her!" He ignores me as he's lifting the jet in the air but I see the tears forming in the corner of his eyes. If he really cared that much he would have gotten her. She was right there, right there! This isn't fair. Steve turns back to look at me with tears flowing down his face, he never cries.

"She's gone."