That's When I Saw The Moon

Darkness...

It's the first thing I remember...

It was dark, it was cold...

And I was scared...

Then I saw the moon, so big, and it was so bright...

It seemed to chase all the darkness away...

And when it did...

I wasn't scared anymore...

I don't remember closing my eyes. It felt as if there were always open, and as if I'd always been staring at the Moon. 

I didn't feel anything, feeling suspended in time and space, as if there was nothing except for Moon and me.

It was only after my bare feet had touched the ground, that I looked away from the dark sky. The cold feeling passed, and when I looked down, there was no snow under my feet, but only around me.

I raised my hands to eye level and looked for anything strange. There wasn't, and I reached for my head, feeling. 

It felt normal, but after seeing a puddle, I went to look at my appearance. 

My h/c hair was mixed with frosted flowers in it, but strangely they were all still perfectly alive. At the sight of something swaying, I looked down at my clothes. 

It was a wooden corset, with soft moss providing comfort. Underneath it was a flowy dress, reaching to the middle of my shins.

I twirled around for a second, seeing it glow with life. I giggled in awe, feeling the soft fabric. I rubbed my arms feeling my goosebumps, when the same fabric covered part of my arm as a sleeve.

I immediately felt warmth in my arms and sighed in relief. Seeing the white scenery made me wonder, and I began to look around.

The snow would melt before my feet touched the ground, so I didn't have to fight the bitter cold. I then approached a lake and stopped at the sight of a man standing on the ice.

He was like someone out of a fairytale.

His snow-white hair sparkled in the moonlight like the snow covering the ground, and he was extremely pale.

and the minute I looked at him, he started to slip on the ice.

I looked at him fascinated, not knowing what I was about to do. Beautiful designs of frost covered the ice, making it look like a unique ballroom floor.

He laughed as he danced on the ice. My e/c eyes could never compare to his ice-blue ones; they were stunning.

I reached my hand out, and the wind picked him up suddenly. The only weird thing was, that I felt a surge of power flow through me as it did.

But not just the wind blew, I felt the nature around me connect inside.

In a little time, I realized that he was still in the air. I tried to ease him down, and it backfired immediately. He fell into a tree quite quickly, but he still seemed to be having fun.

He suddenly stood up and looked above the trees. I guessed he found a village, and I felt hope.

It seemed like he called out to the sky for the wind to lead him there, and I felt compelled to do so.

I tried my best to steady him there, while slowly following as well, but even then I still wasn't used to it.

His landing was rough, but it did not matter as he hopped back up without a problem.

I still hid in the trees watching him try to talk to people, but no one answered.

When my hand touched the tree I was hiding behind, a vine suddenly grew around, with flower buds already in bloom.

When I looked back at the stranger, I saw a boy run straight through him. Then other villagers started to go through him, which caused him to panic, so I did the only thing I could think of at the moment.

I broke off part of the vine, wrapped it in frost, and slowly floated it to him.

When it landed around his neck, he had already faced away from the town. He looked up from the ground immediately, looking for the place or person it came from.

When he looked at where I was, I forced myself into the tree harder. He soon looked down at the necklace and smiled softly, then turned back to keep going.

I smiled, then broke off the other piece and made it a crown also layered with frost. I then turned back into the forest, not looking back at the stranger. 

I had a feeling I would see him again soon; I just didn't know that soon would be hundreds of years...

My name...

Is Y/n Earth...

How do I know that? The moon told me so...

It was all he ever told me...

And that was a long, long, time ago.