{4} Transfiguration

———

———————{Transfiguration}———

———————
{Transfiguration}
———

Eliza stood quietly for a moment, observing the room and after a few moments she made her way over to the empty seat next to Cedric. He looked up at her as she sat her things down on the desk, giving her a quick smile before looking back down and beginning to pull a few things he'd be needing out of his bag. "Hope it's alright I sit here, this was the only open seat."

"Not at all." Cedric replied, placing a quill that he pulled from his bag onto the desk. He watched as his new desk mate placed all her things neatly in front of her, noticing how she'd quit frequently tuck strands of her hair behind her ears trying to keep it out of her face. Ever since she'd walked into the train compartment he'd found himself quite fond of her. She was pretty, there was no doubt about that, but something about her made him want to draw himself towards her more than any other girl he's been remotely close with. "I don't think I ever actually said 'hello' to you or welcomed you to the school like everyone else, my apologies."

"Oh that's alright." Eliza pulled her chair in so she was a comfortable distance from her desk, room to breath, but close enough to reach everything in front of her. She begun flipping through her books pages as Mcgonagall walked to the front of the class and begun the lesson. Everything Mcgonagall was saying was teaching so far was review, which Eliza knew none of as she didnt take classes previous years. She watched as she wrote things onto a board, mapping out the wand motion for certain spells before leaning over to Cedric. "Do you understand any of this?"

"Its all review, easy peasy for me." He begun, before looking over at Eliza to find her with a confused expression while she watched Mcgonagall write. "Do you need some help? You said something about not taking classes earlier on, I'd be happy to catch you up."

"Are you sure?" She relaxed, now knowing that someone had offered to help her get up to everyone else's level in the class — and appreciating that he remembered what she said about her taking the class. "If you don't mind, I could really use the help."

"Sure. Meet me in the library 'round seven thirty tonight?" He suggested. "I can do my best to go through as much as I can, and if tonight's not enough we can do more tomorrow?"

"That would be great, thankyou." She smiled, then looked back down at her parchment and tried to copy whatever she could from Mcgonagall.

The next hour went by somewhat slowly to Eliza, trying to copy things she had no clue about, trying to turn small objects into other objects — which she would've failed at without the help of Cedric, who did his best to help out here and there.

Soon enough, the class wrapped up and Eliza found herself packing up her things and standing up from the desk. She couldn't help notice how Cedric would glance at her from time to time, and part of that made her a bit nervous, her stomach filling up with butterflies.