5

It's been a year OMG.

-------------

I was woken up by the alarm blaring.

My eyes adjusted to the morning light.

Why am I up again?

Oh right...school.

I dragged myself out of bed and prepared the bath. While I waited for the water to heat up a laid out my uniform.

I smiled in remembrance of the weekend. Don Kanonji was super fun, and I got to spend it with my closest friends.

I step into the bath. After I'm done I get dressed and pack my lunch.

I eat breakfast on the way to school. Instant ramen with red bean paste and chocolate chunks mixed with lots of nutmeg.

I throw away the ramen container in the trash can outside of school. I walk into the bathroom and brush my teeth.

I find my class and sit in my assigned seat. Tatsuki and Ichigo are already here but Rukia isn't. It's unusual, she's always early.

"Do you guys know where Rukia is?" I asked.

"No, I thought you might've," Ichigo said and sat down behind me. I blushed in his company.

"Are you okay Inoue?" He asked.

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine! You know me, always fine. Always," I laughed.

He smiled a little and shook his head, "Right..."

"Hey Tatsuki, you wanna come over later?" I ask.

"I can't, I have practice after school," she says sadly.

"Oh," I frown.

"Is that offer extended to me?"

I turn around surprised, "Uh...sure."

Trust me it's a miracle I even managed to say that. Ichigo just asked if he could come over.

He grinned, "Great. Now I finally have an excuse to walk you home."

Suddenly Keigo appeared with tears streaming down his face, "Good job Ichigo!!"

Ichigo then proceeded to punch him in the face.

I laughed, blushing a lot. He always asked if he could but Tatsuki always did so I didn't bother him with it.

I noticed Tatsuki smirking at the board from the corner of my eye.

Wait. Did she plan this?

"Tat-"

"Good morning everyone," a sleepy voice said and plopped down in the desk in front of mine.

"Eh? Good morning Rukia. Is something wrong?" I ask.

"No it's okay."

"You sure? You're always here pretty early..." Tatsuki trailed off.

"Yeah you're kinda late now," Ichigo added.

"I'm fine, really," she assured.

I think everyone knew she was lying but they brushed it off and respected her wishes, she obviously didn't wanna tell us for a reason.

------------

"Oh god what do you have for lunch THIS time Orihime?" Tatsuki asked.

"Nothing. Just leftover sashimi with lots of wasabi and sprinkles to give it some sweetness."

"You know sometimes I wonder how you don't get sick."

"I have a great immune system! I have had a cold since I was 8," I stated proudly.

"That's not...whatever," she sweat dropped.

Rukia wasn't very talkative all day. The only time she did was when the teacher asked her the answer to a question, which she got wrong.

Now this may be normal but Rukia Kuchiki never gets anything wrong. A family of high nobility was able to educate her on the subject we were on at an early age, she should know.

Why is she in school if she's super smart then?

She said she wanted to experience high school is all, she wasn't a fan of being locked up with various different tutors.

But back to her attitude, there was something seriously wrong and everyone was worried about her.

However, she didn't wanna talk about it so I didn't push her.

She'll tell us when she's ready.