TT

Zemo takes Sam and I up into his large city home, "there is another room and bathroom that way, if you'd like to freshen up."

I take Zemo up on his offer to get showered and changed, once I'm out of the shower I hear a knock at the door, "give me a second."

"Please, take your time," I hear Zemo call out.

I open the door and shake my head, "what?"

"uh," Zemo holds up my duffle bag, "I had our things brought from the plane."

I have never been so happy to see luggage in my life, not having seen my things since Germany. Not that I don't love the clothes that I got from Sharon, but leather pants get to be a bit much, "thanks."

"May I make an observation?"

"Depends on what it's on."

"Do you wish to be seen as the Black Widow?"

I shake my head, "of course not."

"Then you'd better change your costume before we move further into the public eye. If you're gonna be fighting with the Falcon and the Winter Soldier you should be able to stand out."

"And I don't in a cat suit."

"You will be lost in her memory."

After this Zemo leaves, I think about what he said while I'm getting changed into my usual outfit; some jeans, a plain button up blouse, and opting to walk around the place barefoot, at least until we have to leave. When I get back out into the main room Sam is the only one there, "is he back yet?"

"No," Sam shakes his head, "I think the best thing we can do right now is give him a little bit of space."

"Maybe you're right," I take a deep breath as I walk across the living area to the kitchen, "I'm gonna make some tea, do you want any?"

"Nah, I'm good, thanks."

I make my tea and start to read the paper before Bucky gets in, around the same time Zemo finishes with his shower, "well, the Wakandans are here. They want Zemo."

I chuckle and turn around in my chair, cup in hand, "that's no surprise."

"I was able to buy us some more time."

"Were you followed?"

"No."

"How can you be so sure?" Zemo walks over to the window.

"'Cause I know when I'm being followed."

I look over to Zemo, who is looking down at the street, "you won't see them. Not unless they want you too."

Zemo turns away from the window, "it was sweet of you to defend me at least."

"Hey, you shut it." Sam looks to Zemo over his shoulder, "no one's defending you. You killed Nagel."

"Do we really have to litigate what may or may not have happened?"

I shake my head and put my cup on the island, "there's nothing to litigate, you shot him." I look back to Bucky, who is studying his phone intently, "what is it?"

Bucky takes a deep breath, "Karli bombed a GRC supply depot."

"What?"

"Eleven injured, three dead. They have a list of demands and are promising more attacks if those demands aren't met in full."

"She's getting worse," Zemo walks up to the island. "I have the will to complete this mission. Do the three of you?"

I take a deep breath, "she's just a kid."

"Phoebe's right," Sam nods.

"You're seeing something in her that isn't there," Zemo shakes his head. "You're clouded by it. She's a supremacist. The very concept of a Super Soldier will always trouble people. It's that warped aspiration that led to Nazis, to Ultron, to the Avengers."

"Hey, those are our friends you're talking about."

"The Avengers," Bucky leans on the island, "not the Nazis."

I chuckle, "I don't think anyone was making that assumption."

"So, Karli is radicalized, but there has to be a peaceful way to stop her," Sam looks back to me for a moment before looking back to Zemo.

"The desire to become a superhuman cannot be separated from supremacist ideals. Anyone with that serum is inherently on that path," Zemo begins to motion his hand up and down, "she will not stop, she will escalate until you kill her. Or she kills you."

Bucky lifts his head, standing rather tall, "maybe you're wrong, Zemo. The serum never corrupted Steve."

"Touché, but there has never been another Steve Rogers, has there?"

"Wrong again," Bucky shakes his head, "Phoebe has done nothing but good since she got the serum. And if anyone should have the shield, I say it should be her."

I shake my head, "no, I shouldn't."

"why not?" Zemo tilts his head.

"Because that's not what Steve wanted. He wanted Sam to have it, not me."

Bucky nods, "and that right there is why you should have it."

I shake my head and take a deep breath, "maybe we should give him to the Wakandans now."

Zemo begins to look through some cabinets, "and you'll give up your tour guide."

"Yes," Bucky nods.

Sam leans back in his chair a bit, "from my understanding, Donya is like a pillar of the community, right? So when I was a kid my TT passed away."

"Your TT?" Bucky looks up to Sam from the couch.

"Yeah, my TT, yeah."

I smile to Sam, "that's so cute."

Bucky shakes his head, "who is your TT?"

"Fine. When I was a kid, my aunt passed away and the entire neighborhood got together for a ceremony. It was like a week long. Maybe they're doing the same thing for Donya."

"Worth a shot."

I nod, "that's a great idea, Sam."

Zemo looks over to us, his hand full of candy he had just pulled from a jar, "your TT would be proud of you." Zemo holds up a piece of candy, "Turkish delight," he tosses one to Sam and then one to me. "irresistible."