Boat

Bucky and I head to Delacroix, Louisiana in the hopes of convincing Sam that he is the one who should be wield the shield. Since I know this will mean either helping Sam to train, or kicking his ass, I change into a dusty rose athletic jacket, some jeans and some black tennis shoes. When we get to the docks there are what looks like hundreds of people on the dock, unloading things and putting them close to the boat. I don't find Sam at first, but I do hear a man complaining about how they are going to get some crates off of a truck, "I don't know how we're gonna get this out. We need some more guys for these things."

Then I hear Sam, "Tommy, Carlos, this is amazing. Thanks so much man."

"Hey, look, word goes out the Wilson family needs help? We still got a bit of usefulness in us."

"How do we get them off the truck?"

As Sam asks this Bucky and I each pull a crate off the back of the truck, "like this." I chuckle as the men stare at us in awe.

When Bucky and I put the crates down he grunts before looking back to Sam and the men, "you're welcome."

Sam laughs as I walk up to them, but Bucky walks away, "I didn't know they called you two."

"Uh, because they didn't," I scratch the back of my head, "Bucky and I came down here to for something else and when we got here we got pulled into helping."

"Actually," Bucky picks up a case that he had been carrying with him since we left the compound, "just dropping this off." He places the case on the back of the truck, "you can sign for it and I'll go, I'm not sure about her though. Girl's too stubborn and helpful for her own good."

"Hasn't she always been?" Sam shakes his head before looking over the case.

"I called in a favor from the Wakandans."

Before Sam can say anything a hose comes loose on the boat, causing it to hiss loudly and causing Sarah to rush over, "Sam!"

Sam hurries onto the boat, grabbing a wrench before he tries to tighten the hose and Bucky follows, "hold on, hold on. You gotta go up." Bucky grabs the wrench from Sam and tightens the hose.

While they're working on that I walk up beside Sarah, "hi, how are you?"

"Oh, you know," Sarah shrugs,"living the dream."

When the hissing stops I step onto the deck of the boat, just as Bucky drops the wrench to his side. Sam looks between Bucky and the hose, "why didn't you use the metal arm?"

"Well..." Bucky looks down to his left hand, "I don't always think of it immediately."

I chuckle, "he's right handed."

Sam chuckles as Bucky looks around, "so this is the boat, huh?"

"This is it," Sam nods, leaning against the box below the hose.

Bucky nods and looks around some more, "it's nice."

"You want any help?" I put my hands on my hips.

"From you?" Sam chuckles, "always, sassy pants."

Sam starts to walk to the front of the boat as Sarah walks back up to the boat, having gone off to check something for a second. Bucky smiles up to her, "I'm Bucky."

"Sarah," Sarah smiles in response.

"Sarah," Bucky repeats with a smile. I simply smack him in the back of the head, "ah, what? You got to daydream about Zemo."

I shake my head and start to follow Sam, "I did not daydream about Zemo, I made one sarcastic comment." As we get to work on the boat Bucky starts to sand some wood to replace the pieces that need it, I go about cleaning off the deck and working on the engine, while Sam tries to get some of the metal siding off of the boat. After a little while of working on the engine, I walk up to see Sam still working on the same piece he had been for about thirty minutes, "want some help?"

Sam looks up to me, "thanks, P, but I don't think you'll be able to get it..." Before Sam can finish I pull the metal piece off and put it to the side, "... off..." Sam sighs, "thanks."

"Wanna trade jobs?"

"Probably a good idea."

As I go about getting the metal off the siding and off the boat, I look up to the bow to see Bucky messing with his knife, giggling a bit to myself as he does, he's adorable when he's zoned out. When Bucky and I are all finished we go to help Sam with the engine, discovering we have to move water out of the boat. As we do, Bucky hands Sam and I full buckets, "think Karli's gonna throw in the towel?"

I chuckle, "not a chance. She's gonna double down and lay low."

"Any ideas on how to stop her?"

"I got Joaquin working on something," Sam nods.

I shake my head, "we wait."

"Zemo says there's only one way," Bucky shrugs.

"Of course he did. He's Zemo."

When we decide to call it a day we sit in the rear of the boat and drink a couple beers. Soon Bucky gets up, "well..." He clicks his bottle with Sam's, "I don't know about this one, but I gotta catch a flight tomorrow." He takes a swig of his beer, "get a hotel room for the night. Crash, you know?"

"So you're just gonna set me up like that, huh?" Sam looks up to him.

"Well, I don't wanna make it weird for your family."

"Just stay here, both of you. The people in this town are the most welcoming people in the world. They don't care if you wear small T-shirts or if you have six toes or if your mom's your aunt."

Bucky and I chuckle before Bucky shakes his head, "alright, I get it. I mean, you know, the people are nice."

"You two should think about getting a place down here," Sam shrugs. "There may be some new law about powering your own house though."

"That sounds nice," I nod.

"But don't flirt with my sister," Sam points to Bucky and he puts his hands up, "you've already got it made with P, don't mess that up. 'Cause if you do, I'll have Carlos cut you up and feed you to the fish.