21. Trip to Diagon alley

(This chapter will be a comfort chapter. I'm having a hard time lately, and don't feel like writing drama tbh :( but I hope you enjoy.)

"Ew!" Hermione screeched, walking through the dusty tunnel which led to the storage room of honey dukes.

You looked down, and saw a rat scurrying past, squeaking as it went.

"Come on go faster." You said pushing Hermione into the storage room, which had teal wallpaper, and boxes all over.

"Let's go before anyone sees us." Hermione scurried out, but you grabbed two Lollies out of an open box before scurrying out.

"I got you a candy." You said to Hermione as you left the store.

"Did you steal it?" She asked, most likely already knowing the answer. "Never mind, I don't want to know." She grabbed the candy out of your hand.

You chuckled and grabbed onto her hand, not paying attention to anyone else around you.

"What're you doing?" She whispered as she pulled her hand away, and jerking ur into her pocket.

"I'm holding my girlfriends hand." You replied, stopping on the sidewalk, offended.

"Only a small group of people know I'm- you know." She looked at you sympathetically. "Y/N I wish I could kiss you in the middle of the street, but it's just not how these things work."

She grabbed your wrist, and dragged you up to her level, then let go.

You understood.

But it didn't mean it didn't sting a bit.

"It's ok. Let's just go get your book." You smiled weakly at her.

"You should get something. It'll be fun for you." Hermione encouraged as you got a few feet closer to the shop.

"Eh, maybe. Not a huge reader." You said.

"You could be!" She walked faster as the shop got closer.

You had to admit, the thought of reading with Hermione, on a Sunday afternoon in your dorm, was heavenly. But you knew that if you picked up a book you'd only read for a few minutes before getting bored.

"Come on!" She said as she walked in, about 10 feet ahead of you.

You jogged inside, pleaded to see that the shop was empty except for the clerk, who was sleeping behind the desk, a book open in his lap that had little elves dancing in a picture.

"Go look for something. You buy me a book I'll buy you one." She whispered, already knowing what book she wanted, and where it was.

You went up to the loft, which had more fantastical and entertaining books, ones that were complete fiction.

You browsed the titles, mainly looking at the colors of the book spines, until you saw one with multiple flashy neon colors on the spine.

The title was "The adventures of Salem and Grubby".

You swore you saw a first year with it, it must've been a children's book. But you couldn't care. It looked cute.

You didn't read the back, but walked down the stairs to Hermione who was talking with the now awake clirk.

"Oh, Y/N, this is Ms. Strippen."

You waved, and Hermione raised her eyebrows in confusion at what book you had picked.

"That's a children's book dear." Ms. Strippen said, giggling a bit.

"I know, I just thought it looked nice." You put it down on the counter, but paid for Hermione first before she paid for yours.

"Bye Ms. Strippen. I'll bring you a tea next time!" Hermione said sweetly, grabbing you out of the store.

"Why on earth did you choose that book." Hermione chuckled.

"It looks cute! And there's a cat!" You rebutted.

"Oh whatever. I'm just happy with mine."

Hermione opened the book but quickly closed it when a slight drizzle came out of no where, and splattered on the pages.

"Do you have an umbrella?" Hermione asked, slipping her book under her arm, inside her coat.

"No! It was sunny!" You said, doing the same.

"Ok, erm- let's just go back home!" Hermione said.

It was out of urgency, but she grabbed your hand, and dragged you into honey dukes.

There was still no one there, and you slid into the storage room, and through the passage, until you were near the library.

"Ok, How about we just go read? In the dorm?"

"Sure."

Hermione looked around for anyone, then grabbed back onto your hand, and took you back to your room.

You had nothing to fear.