Chapter 10

Janus was pacing the Dark Side common room, worried about Patton. What could be happening to him? Will he be alright? Please let him be alright. He wanted Patton to be okay. He really cared about him. He wanted to be by his side, to protect him and show him how he felt. He wanted to be there for him, all the time.

        What were these thoughts? What was this feeling? He and Patton were supposed to be rivals of sorts, and yet... this was hardly any normal rivalry. Do I-

        "WE'RE BACK, DOUBLE DEE!"

        Remus burst in, interrupting his thoughts. Perfect timing. "What do you mean, 'we?'" he asked, turning to face Remus and- "Why is Logan here?" he hissed.

        "He wanted to help figure out what's wrong with Pat, and he did. Now do ya wanna know, or not?"

        "Please, the suspense and worry isn't killing me."

        "It's a disease called Hanahaki disease. It causes flowers to grow in the afflicted's lungs. They cough up the petals, and the thorns scratch at their throat causing them to bleed, until they eventually die from being unable to breathe."

        Oh no. This was worse than he ever could have imagined. "Is there any cure?"

        "They must confess to the one they love, and that person must return the feelings."

        "Then I guess we'll have to figure out who it is."