CHAPTER XXIX. Gems and Jewels Pt. 2

──────────────────────────

Vanessa tightly gripped the hands of both Xierra and Rhein, leading them through a labyrinth of diverse shops. With graceful ease, she detailed the essential items the Black Bulls required, seamlessly blending them into the casual conversation. The nonchalant manner in which she expressed these details infused an infectious enthusiasm into the atmosphere, allowing Xierra to fully relish the unique and enjoyable dynamic they shared.

"Health recovery herbs, consumable magic items..." The list flowed continuously from Vanessa's lips, a relentless stream of essential items that didn't cease until they had explored every nook and cranny of the various shops. With a confident smile, Vanessa concluded, "Once we've picked up the major stuff, I'll take you somewhere special."

Amidst the bustling journey, the pink-haired witch adeptly recalled the needs of the two Crimson Lion Kings' members, ensuring her arms were laden with all the essential supplies.

Noelle and Xierra took pleasure in their engaging conversation as they meandered through an array of shops, each one adorned with enchanting wands and captivating books. Their exploration revealed a world of magical treasures that held their fascination.

However, the allure of these treasures was accompanied by a hefty price tag, casting a shadow of hesitation over Xierra. The costliness of the items left her reluctant to even lay a hand on them, let alone entertain the thought of making a purchase.

While on the quest to procure the necessities for the Black Bulls, Xierra managed to carve out a moment to fulfill Inari's desire for honey-dipped meats. The fox expressed gratitude repeatedly, indulging in a feast of these succulent, honey-dipped delights.

Curiosity about the taste of the honey-dipped meat lingered in Xierra's mind. Despite the sweet coating, the meat itself didn't seem particularly appealing to her palate. However, Inari, reveling in the taste, assured Xierra that the meat was remarkably tender, surpassing his previous experiences with boar meat. Xierra observed with amusement as Inari continued to relish the honey-dipped morsels with evident delight.

Rhein, although not particularly inclined to spend time with the Black Bulls, begrudgingly nodded and uttered a quiet agreement. It seemed that Xierra's enjoyment of Noelle and Vanessa's company had influenced his decision to go along with the group.

"I've pretty much snagged everything on my list," Rhein announced, sporting a crooked grin as he playfully tapped Xierra's shoulder, indicating the Black Bulls nearby. "Can't vouch for them, though."

Xierra chuckled, shaking her head. "I've got all I needed too," she shared. "Especially Inari's honey-dipped meats."

"Honey?" echoed through the group, curiosity etched on their faces as they pondered why Inari relished raw meats once marinated in honey.

The ebony-coated fox emitted a content hum, enveloped in a blissful aura as he savored the final piece of meat, washing it down with the remnants of honey. Letting out a satisfied sigh, Inari opened his eyes, only to blink at the scene unfolding before him. Tilting his head, he questioned, "What? Is there something off about my face?"

Xierra, feeling a bead of sweat forming on her forehead, averted her gaze, choosing not to respond. Rhein, on the other hand, released a deep, exasperated sigh and shook his head, questioning the source of his initial fascination with the talking fox.

Maybe it was simply the novelty of encountering a fox with the ability to communicate.

The pink-haired Enoteca, amused by the situation, burst into gleeful laughter. She extended her hand, indulging in the impulsive desire to pet Inari's head without seeking his consent.