25 - resettle

Chapter Twenty-Five
ʀᴇsᴇᴛᴛʟᴇ

Klaus had a flair for the dramatics, something she learned very early on

Klaus had a flair for the dramatics, something she learned very early on. At every turn he would stealthily appear in the corner of a room, announcing his presence with a voice. Once or twice he had gotten a knife thrown in his direction, catching it with an amused smirk.

This passion of his is why Nora was currently sitting in the foyer of the Lockwood mansion.

The door opened, allowing the boy and his mom to enter. Tyler's eyes immediately flew to Nora and how she was perched comfortably on the stairs. Hybrids stood idly around the room, the second thing the boy noticed.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he asked, eying Nora.

"Relax Tyler," his mom said. "They're for your protection."

"Not me, though. Just the two mindless hybrids. Can't you smell that they're werewolves?"

"I don't think he can, love," Klaus said, making his dramatic entrance. "Being a baby hybrid and all, one of the many reasons our protection is required."

"Nice to know you care," Tyler mumbled sarcastically.

"I don't," Klaus corrected, walking closer to the boy. "I should have killed you for the stunt you and your friends pulled— stopping my heart, leaving me in a coffin to rot."

"You used my body as an escape hatch then kissed my girlfriend, so maybe we're even."

Ignoring the pang of pain that thinking of that brought, Nora stood, and walked over so she could intertwine her fingers with Klaus'. "Not even close. Hybrids are a dying breed- however little I care about them." Klaus squeezed her hand in warning, putting a tiny smile on her face. "But he does, and doesn't want you all dying. However inevitable that is."

"Nora," Klaus chided.

"Yeah, yeah, insensitive or whatever. Consider these guys; Chad, over there in the back and Oliver in the blue, to be your new bodyguards," Nora said, gesturing to the two men. She found how they gave no acknowledgment slightly unnerving.

Nora removed her hand from Klaus' and left the room, grinning slightly at how he immediately followed, reconnecting their hands.

"You're still mad at me, beautiful?"

"No. I just wanted to leave the room and you were having that stare-off you love so much."

| Reputation |

"Who are you?" Nora asked.

A random girl was sitting in Tyler's dad's office, looking extremely comfortable. The girl turned her head at Nora's voice, brows furrowing in confusion before recognition lit up her gaze. "You're an old one, too. Rebekah, right?"