6 - secret obsessions

Chapter Six
sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ ᴏʙsᴇssɪᴏɴs

Chapter Sixsᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ ᴏʙsᴇssɪᴏɴs

Australia, 1720

A fifteen-year-old Nora was sharpening a knife. She found that holding so much power in the palm of her hand was comforting.

She sat alone, deep in the woods. The only light coming from the moon. Nora would come outside and just think, listening only to the blowing of the wind and her knife running along the sharpening block.

Suddenly hearing a noise, she paused, attempting to listen and determine what it was that she heard. Concluding that it was nothing, she continued sharpening her knife.

But then she heard something again. And this time she was sure of herself. She turned and threw the knife, surely halting whatever animal was approaching. Nora stood and approached the noises of struggling.

Imagine her surprise when she saw her father with a knife sticking out of his chest. "Father?" She gasped, tears immediately running down her face as she tried to stop the bleeding. "Oh my god."

Her father tried to speak, but only more blood came from his mouth. "I'm sorry. I'm- I didn't. You-" Nora couldn't even form a coherent sentence, for the grief and guilt were too strong. All she could do was watch as the life left his eyes, as his chest stopped rising and falling, as he died.

She had killed her own father.

Mystic falls, 2010

Nora groaned lightly as she woke. This is something she was used to; being plagued by her past. She quickly wiped her tears and exited her bedroom for something to drink.

The oven clock read 3:32 and internally sighed as she grabbed a blood bag from the fridge.

"Late-night snack?" Klaus asked as he walked into the kitchen. Nora snapped her head up locking eyes with him. He was shirtless and only wearing black sweat pants. His curly hair was ruffled as he had just woken up. She had only just now realized how hot he was.

Noticing that she had been looking a little too hard, she made her way over to the island, sitting atop it. "Couldn't sleep." She shrugged, refusing to meet his eyes just in case he had caught her staring.

He did.

Klaus was ecstatic at the tiny bit of attention he got from her, but he didn't show it. "May I ask why?" He leaned against the doorframe with his arms crossed.