(1/6)

A/N:  This fanfiction is so hard for me to write without crying. I hate goodbyes. Anyways, I really hope you enjoy my writing. Let me know what you think of it in the comments.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

It's a peaceful yet gloomy day in the Devildom. The air is crisp and cool, refreshing as the air blows against your skin and wafts through your hair. The dreaded day has come where you are being sent back home to the human world, the hearts of everyone being yanked from their chests with each passing minute. You've spent the last few days relishing in the company of the seven brothers, each of them clearly expressing their sadness and distaste with your departure.

Diavolo has called you to his castle, apparently asking a favor of you. Alongside you is Solomon who, like you, wishes they didn't have to leave the new place that he calls home. Hand in hand, you're approaching the massive ancient doors, the anxiety you've been feeling rising steadily.

"You certainly seem stressed. Not that I could blame you, I have to say I'm feeling rather anxious myself," Solomon says gently, turning to look you in your eyes.

"I have nothing to go back to at home. I live by myself, I distance myself from my family after all of the years I spent spiraling into depression from the cruel words they would always say to me. The Devildom is my home, why can't Diavolo use his executive power to allow me to stay?" Your chest feels heavy, as if you're suffering from a loss. You can't bare the thought of leaving behind everything you've come to treasure in your life. The brothers, along with everyone else, are your new family. They make you feel like nobody else can and care for you like you're the most precious of treasures.

"I see. I have no family to go home to either, they passed long ago. I had to watch from a distance as everyone I cared for passed away one by one. I can't stand the thought of losing anyone else." His grip on your hand tightens as he begins to rub circles against the backside of your hand with his thumb. "Not to worry, though. Remember, Diavolo did say you can come back and visit anytime you would like. Of course, I can assist you as well. I have my ways, we both know that." You flash each other soft grins as you loosen your grip from his hand and help him to push open the castle doors.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Ah, welcome welcome. Make yourself at home, I have prepared some fresh tea for your arrival. Feel free to take a seat while my Lord makes his way down," Barbatos explains as he guides you to the seating area in the foyer. You and Solomon swiftly take a seat next to each other, carefully grabbing the teacups made from fine china from the table. The soothing scent of chamomile fills your sinuses, slightly calming your nerves. You blow the steam wafting from the surface, taking a sip. Within moments, you hear the sound of heavy footsteps approaching.

"Y/N, Solomon, I'm glad you could make it. What a pleasure it is to see you both," Diavolo flashes a giddy grin as he walks up with his arms outstretched. You couldn't help but appreciate just how important he made you feel. You walk up and wrap your arms around him, pulling him into a warm embrace. He leans his head down and places a gentle kiss on the top of your head, softly stroking your upper back when he senses a bit of shakiness. Diavolo is like a father figure to you, he has made sure no harm has come to you during your stay. Unlike your family back home, you actually feel safe and protected in his care.

"It's always a pleasure to see you, you know that. You and Barbatos always make me feel so at home and safe. I don't want to let you go." The room goes quiet as tears begin to stream down your cheeks and you huff into Diavolo's chest. Your fists take hold of the back of his red uniform coat and you cry into him.

"There there little human, don't cry, it'll all be okay! You know you're always welcome to come back and visit whenever you'd like! Isn't that right Barbatos?" Diavolo picks you up from under your arms and brings your head up to rest on his shoulders, your feet no longer touching the ground. His arms wrap around you tightly into a bear hug. Tears begin to well up in his eyes.

"Of course, my Lord. Would you mind if I also comforted our dear Y/N?" Barbatos nods softly and Diavolo puts you back on your feet. You make your way over to your most trusted friend and wrap your arms around his neck, resting your cheek against his collarbone. A light blush coats his features as his right hand holds the middle of your back and his left cradles the back of your head, his fingers snaking through your hair. The usually stoic butler can't help but tear up as well, relishing in your warm embrace. He wishes he didn't have to let go, but he lefts his arms drop as he fixes his collar and the wrinkles in his jacket.

You make your way back over to the sitting area next to Solomon, who has also begun to get emotional. You have never seen that side of him and you take his hand into yours, returning the favor of rubbing circles into the back of his hand this time.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·