(5/6)

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Without another word, you took Simeon's hand into yours and let him guide you out of Purgatory Hall and through the streets of the Devildom. The air was a bit more on the chilly side as it got later into the night. In the distance you could see where he must be leading you to. It was that spot; that special spot where your fondest memories with a Simeon lie. Your mind begins to race when you spot the tree, in it's spot next to the lake, except this time there's something different about it.

It looks some someone has been here quite recently. A long log has been added underneath the tree, and a campfire has been set up not far from it. The lake is glistening in the moonlight as you approach the path leading up to it. In your excitement, you couldn't help but release Simeon's hand and run your way up the path, immediately starting to gather branches and tinder to light a small campfire for the both of you. You were getting chilly and wanted to warm up so you could stay here longer.

Simeon rushed up after you, carefully resting what he was carrying against the log seat and looking for the fire starter that he knows he tucked away somewhere around the area. He looked up and spotted you coming back with plenty of food for a fire, and you plopped it into the middle of the circle of rocks and dirt. He made quick work of finding the fire starter and made his way back to meet you near the circle. You were already sitting down, and he noticed you shivering a bit. He knew what he needed to do.

He kneeled down into the dirt, not caring about if his white trousers were going to get dirty. He hastily took some tinder and set it off, blowing on it as bigger flames formed and the smell of wood smoke enveloped the both of your. He tucked the burning ball of tinder and tucked it under the twigs and branches you collected. A warm crackling fire began to form, and he wasted no time coming and joining you on the log, resting his hand on top of yours as you both gaze into the heat of the flame.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

He could feel you shivering through your hand and started to feel bad. Without hesitation, he took his cloak and wrapped it around you. You turned to face him and you let out a slight gasp. He clipped the golden chain into place to hold the cloak shut and put his arm around your shoulder.

"Simeon, aren't you cold? Your clothes have even less coverage than mine. Please, take your cloak back," you insisted. Simeon raised his right hand up to your lips and pressed the index fingers against them.

"Shush, my little angel. I can tell you're cold. I have a naturally warmer body than yours, please, keep my cloak on. I wouldn't want you catching a cold." He drops his hand to lean in and kiss your cheek softly, and a giggle falls from your lips. You nod and he reaches down to the side of the log bench. He is holding what looks like a briefcase, and lays it in his lap. He opens up the snap closures to reveal that he brought his portable record player along with him. He stood up, case in hand, and walked across the way to set it down on the other log.

You hear another snap and suddenly he's holding a vinyl, carefully adjusting it onto the center and resting the needle at the starting edge. Barely a moment passes before a beautiful melody begins to play, one that you hold near and dear to you. Your body begins to sway back and forth as you stay in your seat on the log bench. The butterflies that were being contained within you begin to flutter out of you in the form of blush and a smile. Simeon looks over to you and winks, sending your mind into a frenzy.

He walks over towards you and holds out his hands to you, and you shed his cape, draping it over the rough log and taking his hands into yours. He stands you up and begins to lead you towards him as he walks backwards. You are both now standing under the tree. One of his hands lets loose from yours as he strokes the broken tree bark. You look down and see your names still etched into it, and he rubs his fingers over them.

"I've been meaning to tell you something, but I hadn't figured out where, when, and how to do so. I have to tell you before you go, I could never forgive myself if I had kept this in. Please, let me open up to you."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·